Maul (modded Corsair 600C) by SimpleModz

alexciobanu

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

Welcome back to another one of my build logs. I'm pretty excited for this one :D

It will be based on Darth Maul and incorporate some interesting ideas with the Corsair 600C case!

I did a video covering the case, fully disassembling it as well as talking about the mods!

Check it out below:

SPECS:

Case - Corsair 600C
CPU - Intel Core i7 6700K or 7700K
MB - ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Extreme
RAM - 4 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LED 2666MHz DDR4
GPUs - 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 980Ti
SSD - 3 x 240GB Corsair Neutron XTi
HDD - 2 x Seagate TBC
PSU - Corsair RM850X

Custom cables and lighting - CableMod

Water cooling - Bitspower

Here are also some photos of the case to start off with

M78Jmnu.jpg

erGiSOa.jpg

grZ6qPA.jpg

2cekJtU.jpg

R1N4FCM.jpg

yLYbgnU.jpg

D2Bwcc7.jpg

qvCkCFL.jpg

nErrNdv.jpg

qnIgUBq.jpg

xcfTsMt.jpg

YROb7Ld.jpg

Ey52FkJ.jpg

9SfjQwL.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Two of the 3 mods I'm currently working on :)

Maul is the one on the left in the Corsair 600C and the shell on the right is the Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5t, this is my Tempest Mass Effect mod.

xjCdB8P.jpg

I already did some cuts in the 600C. Mainly the front panel section as well as the top. A bit more filing and tidying up of the cuts need to be done but it's coming along well so far :)

IymjZET.jpg

sJeDXgm.jpg

l7C3i4R.jpg

Aj8CDwg.jpg

Stay tuned for more :)

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

I took apart the top and front panel further and did the cuts into the plastic part while I get the metal parts ready :)

OFQwywg.jpg

The front panel 5.25" door cut out window

SLqPLxr.jpg

Top panel cut out window

OFzb6jJ.jpg

Top panel metal part

YCMly8z.jpg

m795tKA.jpg

Front panel metal parts

5fViuxb.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Here is what I'm currently working with! Imagine the horns and eyes lighting up once the build is finished! I'm also going with a battled and worn out weathered theme as well.

Everything was cut manually with a jig saw and a lot of filing. The cut-out at the top is a small window that will look into the top compartment.

4kRYA18.jpg

4S3TInJ.jpg

92syrB4.jpg

gNbu4s8.jpg

AoDthme.jpg

qwbsyLY.jpg

3zrZDuB.jpg

NJk1Nmr.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

Time to start focusing my attention back to this build log and get it all up to date! I've been pretty busy as always however the build is finished and I will unveil it over the next couple of days.

I just want to show you guys all the progress first and I still need to take final photos and film it.

I'll start with two massive 10TB Seagate IronWolf HDDs that are going in the build, a plethora of red Bitspower fittings and the simple weathering effects done to the case.

JjzNYYQ.jpg

JFCly7b.jpg

jsmVeq5.jpg

OUAaoWp.jpg

a70PhFC.jpg

CgIu62L.jpg

qZLZwwv.jpg

MFAlUP9.jpg

ck34kli.jpg

CFFgyxd.jpg

uDHzxKN.jpg

u8JGlYY.jpg

DnksxT6.jpg

QE3uO3U.jpg

Hope you guys like it. Same as the front panel that I shared before, I wanted the build to look like it's been through a Star Wars space battle. The paint effects were done by dry brushing some simple acrylic paint, a very easy effect to achieve. You can also see an acrylic motherboard skirt cover panel.

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

The motherboard I'm using is the ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme with a full cover Bitspower Monoblock that I decided to remove the top cover from and have it exposed. The acrylic would probably do with some polishing however for this build, in terms of the other aesthetics, I think it should work well as is.

DyBkWEa.jpg

lzVpkdi.jpg

ODjW4gW.jpg

elCT7KE.jpg

ImBBj6B.jpg

The two ASUS STRIX GTX 980Tis, still pretty good cards even today, with Bitspower full cover water blocks.

v2su10X.jpg

nbT1MTL.jpg

WzZpTWf.jpg

hOTBvPq.jpg

GTLcsQb.jpg

SUJOwHf.jpg

And the memory I'm using is the Corsair Vengeance red LED

wbCgfYn.jpg

T8B5CNG.jpg

They're pretty good how you can easily remove the tops to orientate the Corsair logo to better suit your build.

2xT1wGd.jpg

UWPuqnQ.jpg

ssZzJbW.jpg

The tops could even be painted quite easily for further customisation.

sehyPNj.jpg

And here's everything mounted inside, with tubes in so I can mark for the pass-through fittings on the front panel.

IezTjf0.jpg

SxyUZnr.jpg

q9otHAL.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Okay, here we go, pass-through fittings are mounted and the front acrylic cover panel is complete.

CR9FCRs.jpg

8cXRnN5.jpg

TYu4h9K.jpg

B8aTSoF.jpg

Z6bsaPm.jpg

eiAoC2d.jpg

You can also see the motherboard skirt panel is ready as well, with reservoir mounts on.

yRetQaa.jpg

MAaBN2a.jpg

rwnc1vW.jpg

Fans are going underneath the case and a 60mm thick radiator on top of them in the bottom of the case. I just wanted more room and the fans fit nicely underneath. Plus, they will give a nice glow underneath the case.

wHBnPPX.jpg

nMUHkSb.jpg

IVmiPHu.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

Here's most of the piping done!

One issue I had with this is that two of the pass through fittings were way too close to each other and I only had Bitspower C47 style fittings that were a bit too large. So I ended up hand filing them down.

This was the result:

nNKJ8J1.jpg

8frPdyC.jpg

Just shaved off a few mm and they fit perfectly with a bit of tubing between them.

They're the ones at the very bottom.

REvLQo4.jpg

nU9iC5D.jpg

JAxKnD2.jpg

Mounted the RGB LED controller for the Corsair fans in the front as well. This will be accessible from the side even with the front panel on.

gPhEfLM.jpg

And here's a look at the cable management.

r1ynd3E.jpg

And now the inside.

UxpmHNO.jpg

The red chrome tubes, with the fittings in the middle is a reference to the dual lightsaber.

OnYuty2.jpg

MBWMLv2.jpg

uBCV1r9.jpg

gzkc7vX.jpg

SKnO0yM.jpg

88atfPA.jpg

1zR9rtD.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

These were the final photos I took before getting all the panels on and finishing the build :)

s7tfFvE.jpg

UuZSK2g.jpg

yweZdTs.jpg

dZEdpMU.jpg

7rX5v8d.jpg

EC7wZNR.jpg

6s5COEN.jpg

jBgrGOc.jpg

60tHK2S.jpg

u8bzmSm.jpg

As you can see, I went with black coolant and I also have a few red cold cathodes in there just for some more lightsaber references :)

Stay tuned for final pics!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

Here are the final photos! I hope you like it, I'm really happy with this one!

The only thing that might need to be changed or improved is the light behind the Darth Maul face on the front panel. The white acrylic would need to be changed to opal and get some better lighting in there so that the front panel pops nicely in the dark.

I'd like to say a huge thanks to the companies that helped me bring this project to life!

dp7S4Bh.jpg

NTfCuAh.png

mpsopbk.jpg

kByMGG9.jpg

c75vGg5.png

RzDF5Sy.jpg

Here we go! I'll start with the outside first!

si2Wiyc.jpg

Q3WdphA.jpg

l0y9EGN.jpg

rnATzYB.jpg

j8v4Hxp.jpg

q0SXyq0.jpg

7asYO74.jpg

R75pfFF.jpg

o9g36bE.jpg

Ax1RmnG.jpg

OJeW8Rr.jpg

And here's the inside!

rNWP47u.jpg

AB60TlG.jpg

bjnNQI8.jpg

8OaLFvu.jpg

wETZGUW.jpg

VM4t9aH.jpg

i2jJbJG.jpg

X5rdkVG.jpg

N2pJmDr.jpg

1NhgNs0.jpg

kPNT6J4.jpg

w1a8kYG.jpg

4t5mKaF.jpg

VXIOQCa.jpg

uo6ItC5.jpg

2s2hLzd.jpg

VUkYqui.jpg

yrwFJy4.jpg

ZUnl4D8.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for a video once I get back from COMPUTEX!

Cheers,

Alex

Can the eyes to yellow sith eyes

Agreed, having the eyes illuminated on the front of the case would send this mod over the top. Great mod, really like the Sith logo on the fan, brings it all together.

Hey guys!

I just want to share the videos of the build as well for those interested.

I did a time-lapse and showcase video and also a case mod summary video!

Hope you guys enjoy them :)

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Can the eyes to yellow sith eyes
Agreed, having the eyes illuminated on the front of the case would send this mod over the top. Great mod, really like the Sith logo on the fan, brings it all together.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll see if I can make that happen unfortunately I'm not sure if I'll have time to return to this mod anytime soon however :(

Back