low volume problem w7 64 bit

allen200

Weaksauce
installed 64 bit recently and overall volume has dropped 80-90%.

in windows 32 i usually set volumes to 20-40%. now system volume is already at 100% and so is the control on application volume, but i can just barely hear anything. it's as if there is a 3rd control that is set too low, but i dont know where it is. one thing i tried is setting the communications sound adjustment to "do nothing" in control panel, but no luck.

if you double click on the volume icon in the system tray make sure all the sliders are turned up. if they are then i have had this happen because the default driver win7 picked for my audio card wasn't the right one. once i updated to the correct driver volume was back to normal.

if you double click on the volume icon in the system tray make sure all the sliders are turned up. if they are then i have had this happen because the default driver win7 picked for my audio card wasn't the right one. once i updated to the correct driver volume was back to normal.

this happened to me once before and updating drivers was the fix.

2wrevyv.jpg

Be sure to check your settings in the control panel for your individual channel levels as well

Back