Looking for a new UPS

Delete

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a UPS to replace my APC BR1500 (865W). Should I get the same model again or is there a better offering from APC for around the same price? Also, I purchased APC because I heard they were a good brand and haven't looked at other companies. Are there better brands (in terms of quality/reliability) than APC? What are you guys currently using?

i checked the review on newegg for the ups that was linked.. haha

Manufacturer Response:Thank you for your comments on the CP1500AVRLCD. In regards to the UPS not outputting a ‘true’ sinewave, you are correct; the output waveform of this device is a simulated sinewave. Computers which utilize a PFC (Power Factor Correction) power supply will only function correctly with a Sinewave UPS – which can be found in CyberPower’s Professional line of UPS systems. Most mainstream PC’s on the market do NOT have PFC power supplies, so these UPSs operate flawlessly under typical conditions. Thank you for your feedback, and sorry for the confusion. CyberPower Systems.

hahahah wont work with pfc psu's? thats all i got.. altho honestly i never considered this ups.. ive gotten several used ones on ebay for super cheap and all have been working fine for years.. use one for tv one for cordless phone and one on each pc

In my opinon, I would say to go with a rufurbished APC. For practically the same money as one of these lesser quality new ones, you can get a network grade refurbished APC. Just make sure it comes with new batteries; and there are plenty of refurbs out there with new batts...

All APC Smart-UPS's are known for their reliability and durability. I personally wouldn't use anything but.

I just got the cyberpower CP1000AVRLCD for $104 on buy.com. the price just went up to $125

fedex just delivered it, saturday delivery(who knows why) it smells weird so its outside airing out.

Back