[H]ot. Crucial M500 250GB SSD $109.99 FS

You are right, I didn't pay close enough attention. But Amazon is superior to deal with on returns, defects. I don't shop at the egg anymore.

Unless there's been an update, isn't the write speed on these kind of lackluster?

Also, 240GB, not 250.

TigerDirect is running the same deal I believe.

This shit is why I can't sell my used SSDs, guess it's better for everyone this way.

You are right, I didn't pay close enough attention. But Amazon is superior to deal with on returns, defects. I don't shop at the egg anymore.

Amazon is dog fucking ass slow to ship anything unless you're a prime member. I am fed up and will give Newegg my business...

Amazon is dog fucking ass slow to ship anything unless you're a prime member. I am fed up and will give Newegg my business...

I get Amazon free 5 to 7 day shipping usually in 3 days or less. Sometimes they ship my stuff 2nd day air.

You use 240GB drivers for storage?

Pretty typical for data storage devices to be used for storage of data. Seems like a lot of money to pay for a table shim or doorstop.

I shop where the price is the lowest atm. So, Newegg, Amazon and TD are in play

Unless there's been an update, isn't the write speed on these kind of lackluster?

Also, 240GB, not 250.

From what I understand the difference isn't noticeable in real world usage. That is what I seemed to get from reviews and other members here before I bought mine.

wow some of you are whiny little girls. stfu and be happy about the deal. damn.

Shoosh. If there are other drive(s) out there that are technically superior and can be had for roughly the same money, fellow [H]'ers deserve to know about it.

A lot of the stuff that gets thrown up here has been copy-pasted from Slickdeals, and god knows those morons don't vet anything and are generally clueless on the technical merits of those devices. They usually just see the cost/GB and that's it.

And as we know here, there's more to it than simple cost/GB. Or we'd all be buying V300's and wondering where the F it all went wrong.

Shoosh. If there are other drive(s) out there that are technically superior and can be had for roughly the same money, fellow [H]'ers deserve to know about it.

This is what I was getting at. Sure, the write speed isn't THAT big of a deal, but considering you can get better drives regularly at the same or better price, is this really that good of a deal?

Pretty typical for data storage devices to be used for storage of data. Seems like a lot of money to pay for a table shim or doorstop.

Not exactly what I meant. Guess you don't know much about SSD's.

This is what I was getting at. Sure, the write speed isn't THAT big of a deal, but considering you can get better drives regularly at the same or better price, is this really that good of a deal?

Well, I would say it is a very good deal. I currently have a few M4s in various machines (this is basically the same drive) and I bought one of these a month ago for my son's new 4960x build. Put one of these in my sister's new computer a few months ago and all told...not one issue or problem with any of them. In everyday usage, I would bet lots that not one of the elitists here would be able to tell what brand SSD is in a PC. ( I also have 3 Samsungs rolling along quite nicely )

BTW, got any links to better drives at this price point? If you do, I'm sure we all would appreciate the head-up so we can have some more choices.

A lot of the stuff that gets thrown up here has been copy-pasted from Slickdeals, and god knows those morons don't vet anything and are generally clueless on the technical merits of those devices. They usually just see the cost/GB and that's it.

Yeah, a lot of stuff is from either slickdeals or fatwallet. They don't vet anything (like it should be, do you want the forum owners deciding what deals you should see?) but the community does. And out of all the stuff they have there, deals on computer parts has the best advice given. You will almost always find good advice once the thread has gone on long enough/gotten enough replies.

Has the Samsung EVO (or whatever other drive) at 240-250GB been this price? Has the EVO 250GB been down to $215 from a reputable site? If so I would see your point.

Has the Samsung EVO (or whatever other drive) at 240-250GB been this price? Has the EVO 250GB been down to $215 from a reputable site? If so I would see your point.

$215 is a terrible price.

A good deal for that would be in the $120~140 range.

Back