Fan recommendation

Droc

2[H]4U
Im replacing an intake and an exhaust fan in my corsair 500r.
i have gentyle typhoons on my h100 rad and they are amazing fans, and considering getting those for my intake and exhaust, but i hear people talking alot about these cougar fans that are about 1/2 the cost.

Anyone have any solid opinions on the cougars? google yields me lots of shitty people that rave they are awesome due to silly colors.

They are still new and there is not much in the way of real reviews on them, just allot of people claiming they are so good....based on nothing. The few youtube videos you can find of people trying to test them often say they are in line with the GT's for noise to CFM as a case fan, which does not look good for them if that is the case, as GT's are not the best choices for case fans. The GT's shine because they do so well on HS's and Rads, they will work and do just fine as case fans also, but there are others that perform better or will be much cheaper.

On the cheap side there is the AC F12, on the higherend side there are the Noctua NF-S12 or Noiseblocker M12.

I've been very happy with the XSPC fans I've used for case fans in addition to my GT AP15s for the rads. They're quiet and flow a ton of air.

Back