Dear Musky: Please get that 4P Online Soon

pjkenned

[H]ard|Gawd
You are now #3 in EOC's "Points 24hr Avg" and I would appreciate it if you could get the uber-box online!!! With pictures ;)

As I sit here waiting for the UPS guy (love the 10:30 AM to 5 PM delivery window they gave me), I am thinking the same thing...

I'll drop 3 units in the next 4 hours, so I should jump back ahead of you temporarily...

Damn looks like the F@H addiction has got a hold of pjkenned :D

Damn looks like the F@H addiction has got a hold of pjkenned :D

I think this is your SR-2's fault!

But realistically, I'm also using to stress test server boards and it makes a decent benchmark for many core scaling.

I love the title of this topic. Now, where the fuck is my SR-2 and memory? grr.

P2689 - 8:20/frame, 250K ppd with a couple of restarts. Frames time are fluxuating quite a bit for some reason. I'll keep messing with it.

The scary thing is that that is a twin of mine and we both have everything but motherboards for second ones...

I might have asked this before as I can't remember, but where does one find a case for something as massive as that? That must be an MEB formfactor, and it appears that finding a case for anything other than E-ATX's are difficult.

I notice this one appears to be running naked, but wow what a sight!

I will buy two dodecas in need of a home!

I might have asked this before as I can't remember, but where does one find a case for something as massive as that? That must be an MEB formfactor, and it appears that finding a case for anything other than E-ATX's are difficult.

I notice this one appears to be running naked, but wow what a sight!

It is SWTX form factor, which is basically EATX (13" front to back) with another 5" or so added to the top. Rumor has it, it would fit in your HAF 932s with very little modding - just adding some mounting points under the PSU.

That said, I am a shameless nekkid folder. I do have a rack case I may play around with, but I doubt this thing will ever see a case.

Lovely - presuming with krakken wrapper?

Ubuntu Desktop 10.10, node interleaving disabled (which is NUMA enabled), default kernel (no BFS), and the kraken. It was actually easier to set up than the SR-2s were.

...and for those curious, 447W power draw. So that is 564 ppd/W on a 2689 unit, and should top 600 ppd/W on a better bigadv unit.

Ubuntu Desktop 10.10, node interleaving disabled (which is NUMA enabled), default kernel (no BFS), and the kraken. It was actually easier to set up than the SR-2s were.

I would believe that. Yes I would.

But this rig looks like it was born to fold. Watching with envy....

600ppd/w is amazing. I'm running two i7 920s and GTX 460 gpus etc. and I only get about 95kppd from 1.1kw of power(86ppd/w). When I rebuild in 5 months for the winter I hope a 4p rig will be workable. How much did it cost you for CPUs, mobo, ram and coolers? Once BD comes out depending on price competition maybe I will be able to do the same thing but with 64 cores instead.

It is SWTX form factor, which is basically EATX (13" front to back) with another 5" or so added to the top. Rumor has it, it would fit in your HAF 932s with very little modding - just adding some mounting points under the PSU.

That said, I am a shameless nekkid folder. I do have a rack case I may play around with, but I doubt this thing will ever see a case.

/looks at his ATCS 840 and wonders where the Dremel is at...

...and for those curious, 447W power draw. So that is 564 ppd/W on a 2689 unit, and should top 600 ppd/W on a better bigadv unit.

This right here is just unbelievable. You are probably running just a tad more power than my Bloomfield and Gulftown rigs combined, and yet you are probably producing at least 3-4 times more production. Both folding rigs just got hit again with a pair of 2684's, but I usually can get a combined output rate of 70-78k ppd on anything other than those.

I have to say that I am really going to have to dilligently monitor Fleabay for reasonably priced extra spicey Interlagos once they start hitting the grey market a while after launch in Q3 of this year. This definately seems to be the new way to go for efficient folding.

[looks at musky's pics]
[does google search]
[tweaks result in Ps]
hholy-crap.png

:D

Currently the ultimate folding weapon, 4 cpu sockets, one board, ~250k PPD on AMD CPU's. Oh and upgradable to Bulldozer when they start shipping.

When those Interlagos 16 cores do come out, that 250k ppd figure is just going to skyrocket into something phenomenal. You figure that even if Interlagos at 16 cores is only 50% faster than the current Magny Cours, it will still reshape the entire folding paradigm.

When those Interlagos 16 cores do come out, that 250k ppd figure is just going to skyrocket into something phenomenal. You figure that even if Interlagos at 16 cores is only 50% faster than the current Magny Cours, it will still reshape the entire folding paradigm.

Yea, Interlagos will be 500K ppd+ but... they are still going to be $4k+ per box for that.

Yea, Interlagos will be 500K ppd+ but... they are still going to be $4k+ per box for that.

You are definately right about that, but since when have we ever been able to generate this kind of ppd in folding history? For those who can front the steep cost of entry into a 64 core quad Interlagos build, it will still be a relative value. Even better, we probably might even start seeing extra spicey editions getting put on Fleabay as soon as a few months after launch.

Back