Are there any recommended M.2 NVME/SATA docks? (Not Enclosures)

I am looking for a M.2 dock that preferably accepts both M.2 NVME and SATA drives. I tried to Google about it but all the results were for enclosures, I am not looking for an enclosure but a device similar to a HDD dock that will just let me quickly plug a M.2 drive in/out of it. Preferably, one that has enough clearance so I can plug in a drive whether it has a heatsink on it or not.

Basically something like this:

Sure, if I search for them on Amazon I get tons of results, but I have no idea which ones are any good, what controllers they use, etc. And like I mentioned, attempting to lookup reviews just give me enclosures instead of docks, I want something that will let me easily plug and unplug my different M.2 drives to quickly read/write from them without having to fiddle with putting them in/out of an enclosure.

Are there any good M.2 docks one can recommend that can handle both NVME and SATA drives and have enough clearance to fit with most heatsink designs too? Are there even any good ones around $50 or less? Or at least under $100? Most of the ones on Amazon are in the $30-40 range but I assume many of those are not that good.

I am looking for a M.2 dock that preferably accepts both M.2 NVME and SATA drives. I tried to Google about it but all the results were for enclosures

Google search is sometimes terrible.
Sure, if I search for them on Amazon I get tons of results,
Amazon search makes Google look good. I hate, hate, hate Amazon search. Also if there is another place to buy something I don't buy it from Amazon.

but I have no idea which ones are any good, what controllers they use, etc.

Yeah. A lot of the Amazon reviews are pure bogus. Also avoid companies where you can't pronounce the name or a nonsense name.
And like I mentioned, attempting to lookup reviews just give me enclosures instead of docks, I want something that will let me easily plug and unplug my different M.2 drives to quickly read/write from them without having to fiddle with putting them in/out of an enclosure.

Are there any good M.2 docks one can recommend that can handle both NVME and SATA drives and have enough clearance to fit with most heatsink designs too? Are there even any good ones around $50 or less? Or at least under $100?

Most of the ones on Amazon are in the $30-40 range but I assume many of those are not that good.
That's right. Most of the PC component stuff on Amazon is made by no-name companies and is crap. Also avoid O R I C O. I have had several of their SSD enclosures die on me.

The protocols between nvme and sata are different, it would need two active conversions to get both to usb. You probrably wont find that. There are cheap passive sata adapters and you could get a dock for the nvme drives.

The protocols between nvme and sata are different, it would need two active conversions to get both to usb.

There are several listed on Amazon that do exactly that, I even have enclosures that do that. Issue is I don't know which of the docks on Amazon are any good, all of them are from brands I never heard of and I have no idea what chipsets they use.

There are several listed on Amazon that do exactly that, I even have enclosures that do that. Issue is I don't know which of the docks on Amazon are any good, all of them are from brands I never heard of and I have no idea what chipsets they use.
Acasis and Sabrent are solid brands, but I bet most of these devices are made by a single big OEM in China.

Back