AMD's ATI Radeon HD 5850 Video Card Review @ [H]

DAMN !!! I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY NEW GIGABYTE ATI RADEON 5850 1GB !
I plug this card yesterday. Why i am happy? Cause my earilier card was GTX 280 and i was had only problems with this gtx. Freezes in games , in windows. Strange freezes that graphic change colors and after 10 seconds normal back . I was thinking that maybe is something wrong with mainboard But NO............Now in my 5850 All freezes gone , no freezes in games , just all fine. I can play any games without problems and freezing and others like artifacts. So thank God that problem was in my earlier gtx 280 , not in mainboard.

rest: Core Quad 2,8 ghz Q9550
Asus Striker II NSE 790iSli
4 Gb ram DDR3 Ocz
BE quiet Dark Power PRo 1000W

Systems: Win Xp Sp 3 , and Windows 7

Just added the 5850 to complete my build log. I like the low power consumption and price/performance compared to other high end cards currently available.

I hope to get the card in 2 days. Shipping from Buy.com which is a first for me.

my 4850 just died, so off to newegg I went and ordered a 5850 that should be here wednesday. I'm kinda worried though, most things I order from the egg come from NJ, but this is coming from the Memphis warehouse where they had the bad ice storm. That and we just had 12" of snow the other day. I hope it's not delayed.

Installed my Diamond 5850 a few days ago and this was a glorious upgrade from my 8800GTS G92. Feels good man.

Installed my xfx 5850 a week ago.

Sitting on 950/1200, which is almost 30% faster than stock, no hiccups or coughs. The fan is silent. Everything is awesome. An excellent amazing GET THIS NOW kind of buy.

beats m friend's 5870 when we ran benchmarks. :)

Installed my xfx 5850 a week ago.

Sitting on 950/1200, which is almost 30% faster than stock, no hiccups or coughs. The fan is silent. Everything is awesome. An excellent amazing GET THIS NOW kind of buy.

beats m friend's 5870 when we ran benchmarks. :)

What program are you using to Overclock and what drivers are you using?

Installed my 5850 Wednesday night, amazed with it so far. My first dual slot card.

Very quiet, I can barely hear the fans spin up under load, I'm keeping the clocks stock for now. Much quieter than my 4850 that just died last week. Idle temps are around 40c and load temps aren't bad at all, which just amazing to me considering how hot my 4850 ran.

No issues at all so far with crashes or any sort of flickering or 2d problems. Using 10.1 drivers.

The fan on my new Asus 5850 isn't loud with it on auto control but I find it lets the temps get way too high before speeding up. For overclocking I highly recommend setting the speed manually using AfterBurner's user defined setting but then it does get a bit noisy. Not too noticeable when playing a game tho.

my fan on my 5850 is not loud at all nor does it make any rattling noises. to be honest i cannot hear it

How much improvement would I see going to this from my XFX Radeon 4890?

my 4850 just died, so off to newegg I went and ordered a 5850 that should be here wednesday.

I Much quieter than my 4850 that just died last week.

what the heck.. are 4800 cards dying left and right now? My 4870 died when I installed 10.2 .

I just ordered a XFX 5850 (double lifetime warranty ftw)

I doubt I'll worry about overclocking it - I run a 22" widescreen monitor and the 4870 ran all my games fine at stock speed. I'm sure this will too.

Is it really possible that drivers are causing video cards to die?

Are Windows XP drivers for the 5800 series just totally garbage? I'm getting all kinds of problems in FSX after putting XP on (don't ask why... just wondering if the drivers really are the culprit)

Back