AMD's ATI Radeon HD 5570 Video Card Review @ [H]

Come on HARDOCP. Benchmark the latest game out there. I imagine BF:Bad Company 2 isn't even playable at 1680x1050 with this card. My 5750 struggles to hit medium settings. People with a low budget and most likely a low busget system wouldn't even be able to play BF with this card and would just waste their money. This card has no future outside of maybe a HTPC and even at that there are deinterlace issues.

I've been looking to upgrade the Video card in my HTPC (Acer X1300) and this card is now at the top of my list. The X1300 has a tiny 220 watt PSU and only has room for a Single slot low profile card.
The 5570 should offer a nice improvement in WOW over the 3450 it has now. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger today is the price . Hopefully in a couple weeks the price will drop and I'll pick one up, Unless I find a low profile GT240.:D

Hopefully in a couple weeks the price will drop and I'll pick one up, Unless I find a low profile GT240.:D
I would stick with the 5570. Yeah, I know, reviews say that GT240 is a little faster. However, you should remember that the reviews all use GT240 with GDDR5 memory, and currently all low-profile GT240 cards use GDDR3 memory, so I am don't think low-profile GT240 would keep up with 5570.

Just my $.02

You make a good point CHKLN, most reviews have the 5570 slightly faster than the GT240 with DDR3. The 5570 also draws less power, unless you read Anands review. I've always had better results with ATI when it comes to HTPC's anyway.

Back