AArgh I'm going to go INSANE!! [filetypes] PIC!!

Asazman

Supreme [H]ardness
So I got a new hard drive, and dragged all the info off my old to my new once my OS was installed. During the process, looks as if my desert combat patch files were corrupted, and would not work. So, I went on to download both the .5 full and .6 upgrade patch, 10 TIMES!! I had to download the .5 patch (542MB file) at least half a dozen times, each time I downloaded, it completed when only at 310MB, or when I downloaded it, it wasn't an executable. Now, I finally downloaded the .5 patch, but when I tried to download the .6 upgrade patch, I downloaded it (checked the filesize, it's exactly what it should be), and the icon that was manafested said "1612" and wasn't an executable (asks me what to open the file with)!!

The right icon is the one I got off my other hard drive that doesn't work, the left icon is the one I just downloaded THAT I CAN'T RUN!!!

icons!.JPG

WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON HERE? I downloaded boy through IE and with download accelerator, this is really beginning to tickle my angry bone.

Someone...please help......

Right click, rename. Press End key. type ".exe". Hit enter. Enter again to execute the file. If it supposed to be a zip file, then try renaming it with ".zip"

try it w/o dap.. also make sure you use a reliable mirror for the file. Sometimes files are incomplete, even on official mirrors, althought that doesn't happen very often.

got it, renamed it .exe and it worked....

if you read my post carefully, i stated that i used both DAP and IE...thanks though.

no prob asazman. most likely what happened is that when you clicked to save the file, it had "All (*.*)" selected. Windows can be screwey sometimes and you gotta tell it whats going on.

Back