Zotac Mini PC

shadowj

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone,
I'd like to buy ( not for me ) a Zotac Mini PC ( ZBOX Barebone ) with RTX 3070 / 3060
I'll have to buy the DDR and SSD, it's not included
It will be hooked to a Samsung Q900A - 8k TV
Web browsing and YouTube. No gaming, no video editing, etc
My question is : is it loud under medium / low GPU - CPU usage ?
Could anyone help me, please ??
Thank you

https://wccftech.com/zotac-zbox-mag...ia-geforce-rtx-3080-gpus-starting-at-1500-us/

Can't say about that specific device, but a small case like that means small heat sinks and fans, which will have to work that much harder and therefore probably louder to dissipate the heat generated. Alternately, the CPU and GPU will have to significantly throttle-down to avoid overheating while not spinning up the fans too high. Think this and other NUC-type units as basically a laptop without the built-in display, same basic components and dynamics.

If you're not gaming or doing any other high-end video work, why do you need a discrete GPU? The iGPU of an Intel CPU or AMD APU are more than sufficient, with the side benefit of less power used/heat generated.

8k - 60 Hz
That's the reason.
Dedicated GPU can't, AFAIK
If you're not gaming or doing any other high-end video work, why do you need a discrete GPU? The iGPU of an Intel CPU or AMD APU are more than sufficient, with the side benefit of less power used/heat generated.

Back