Z690 asus maximus hero vs gigabyte aorus master

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Do you think the price premium of the $600 hero is worth it over the $470 Aorus Master? The hero only really has 20+1 90A power phase + thunderbolt4 with an extra piece m.2 card and only 2.5GE and the Aorus has 19+1+2 105A, no TB4, but has 10GE which I would use before TB4. I probably wouldn't even use the 10GE let alone the 2.5GE because I almost always use just wifi. I really had no need for extreme network speed as far as file transferring goes. Do you think there's a better alternative board compared to the Aorus Master? MSI MEG Ace or Carbon or Unify-X? Strix-E?

Do you think the price premium of the $600 hero is worth it over the $470 Aorus Master? The hero only really has 20+1 90A power phase + thunderbolt4 with an extra piece m.2 card and only 2.5GE and the Aorus has 19+1+2 105A, no TB4, but has 10GE which I would use before TB4. I probably wouldn't even use the 10GE let alone the 2.5GE because I almost always use just wifi. I really had no need for extreme network speed as far as file transferring goes. Do you think there's a better alternative board compared to the Aorus Master? MSI MEG Ace or Carbon or Unify-X? Strix-E?
No it's not worth it imo. Even the Master is overpriced though. Those would normally be in the $300 range.

Now, the thing concerning me is the VRM temps on the Aorus Master are not the best because of the pointless plastic shroud over the VRM heatsink keeping all the heat in. Why would Gigabyte do this? You can still have a partial cover for the side of the rear io, but just dont cover up the VRM so it can breath. I saw a comparison where the hero was like 50 degrees and the master was like 63. That's a huge difference that shouldn't be there. The hero was even less oc'd when compared to master. You shouldn't have to rip off that plastic shroud just to get the temps you should be getting. However, I could easily see myself modding that shround and drilling a bunch of tiny holes in the plastic above the vrm for better airflow.

Last edited:
Back