You're Most Anticipated 2023 Games

DPI

[H]F Junkie
After Elden Ring, 2022 feels like it was underwhelming for new releases. And by underwhelming I really mean boring; bored to the point of brain damage.

We've got monster truck sized GPUs now at the end of 2022 and we've got not a lot to feed them. Timespy is the #1 RTX 4090 game. I'm tossing cards into a hat.

Fortunately, 2023 looks like it's going to be absolutely packed with big releases. And we'll finally get our first DirectStorage titles. And the Year of the Linux Desktop. And Comix will have some new games to refund on Steam.

Starfield
Alan Wake 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Heart of Chernobyl
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty Expansion

Armored Core VI (just announced )
Homeworld 3
Diablo IV
Destiny 2: Lightfall
The Wolf Among Us 2
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Assassins Creed Mirage
Resident Evil 4 Remake
The Lords of the Fallen (sequel to LOTF)
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Dead Space remake
Atlas Fallen
Company of Heroes 3
Lies of P
ARC Raiders

Barbie® Dreamhouse Onlyfans Party

Last edited:
My top 3

Starfield: getting mad about Bethesda bugs is always a bonfire gaming event - these community moments are preciously scarce.

Lies of P: Bloodborne/Soulslike that looks very promising

ARC Raiders: the trailer seemed to go over most people's heads, but I thought it was a mind blower that looked like the game might have something. If it ever gets finished.

Last edited:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Heart of Chernobyl
Last of Us Part 1 Remake (assuming this is coming)
Horizon Forbidden West (assuming this is coming)
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion
Atomic Heart
Alan Wake 2
Homeworld 3
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor

In rough order.

Another good 6-8 games that are out now that I want to play. Some others I have "meh" interest in when patched (Saints Row, Gotham Knights). Not going to have enough time to finish them all anytime soon.

Next up for me is Miles Morales and Uncharted 4 DLC which came out this year.

Pretty much interested in the following:

Hogwarts Legacy
Horizon Forbidden West
The Wolf among Us sequel (Loved the first one)
Starfield
Vampire: Bloodlines 2 (If it ever comes out that is)
Cyberpunk 2077 Expansion

And Most of all:
Hello Kitty Island adventure
1669639581652.png

Last edited:
In order of preference:

Starfield
Homeworld 3
Diablo IV
Atomic Heart

Really anticipating Starfield arriving on scene next year.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 would be #1 on my list but I'm doubting it hits in 2023
Starfield I have lower expectations but hope to be pleasantly surprised

in no particular order:
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady's follow-up to Arkham Knight)
Atomic Heart
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Life of Pi
Cyberpunk 2077 expansion
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Last of Us: Part 1
System Shock remake
Dead Space remake
Returnal (PC)

I'll add a separate section for as of yet unannounced PS titles I most want to play:
Demon's Souls
Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tsushima

another section for titles that could surprise or suck:
Skull and Bones
Redfall (I trust Arkane Studios)
Forspoken

Code:
 January 26 - Dead Space
February 10 - Hogwarts Legacy
February 21 - Atomic Heart
February 23 - Company of Heroes 3
February 24 - Octopath Traveler II
   March 15 - Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
   March 24 - Resident Evil 4
   April 20 - Ad Infinitum
    June  6 - Diablo IV

No Date - Aliens: Dark Descent
No Date - Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
No Date - Earthlock 2
No Date - Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
No Date - Exoprimal
No Date - Forza Motorsport
No Date - Homeworld 3
No Date - Lies of P
No Date - Pacific Drive
No Date - Pragmata
No Date - Remnant II
No Date - RoboCop: Rogue City
No Date - Silent Hill 2
No Date - Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
No Date - Unholy
No Date - Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2

Last edited:
STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl
Elden Ring Expansion (unconfirmed, but likely)
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Dead Space Remake
Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty
Forza Motorsport
Starfield

Lies of P
Wo Long
Starfield
Baldur's Gate 3
Starfield
The Finals
Trepang 2
Diablo 4
Last Epoch final release
Lords of the Fallen
Ad Infinitum

Open to anything 2023 has to offer though...

Last edited:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Phantom Fury
Dead Space Remake
Atomic Heart
Wrath Aeon of Ruin
Graven

Reactions: DPI
like this
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady's follow-up to Arkham Knight)

Oh look, a game I didn't know existed that I will have to put in my "play in the future" list.

I left out Starfield because the reveal looked very disappointing. If it is Fallout in space I may enjoy it, but it looked like it took everything I hated about Fallout 4 (base building, resource gathering) and increased it more. Combat looked meh, and no voice acting just adds to the half baked look of it. I am interested in this game, but It looked underwhelming enough that it is essentially low on the must play list so I didn't include it.

Of course I see many of my anticipated games not coming in 2023, or coming very late. So I may end up playing Starfield if it is actually released. I expect STALKER to get delayed, Horizon Forbidden West may slip to 2024, etc.

I can't think of anything. Maybe Balduar's Gate 3 if it comes out in 2023 from early access.

Everything else listed in this thread is either a "no" or a "maybe" depending on if I'm interested in that title. The "maybe's" are all games I'll wait for reviews on, at which point it will either be a no, or I'll pick it up at some point when there's a sale.

I'm looking forward to the sequel to Star Wars JedI Fallen Order, the Cyberpunk 2077 expansion and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl but that's about it. I am keeping an eye on Starfield, but I typically don't like Bethesda games.

Starfield
Starfield
Starfield
Starfield
Dead Space remake
Starfield
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Starfield
Starfield
Atomic Heart
Starfield

Not necessarily in that order.

I am most anticipated games of 2023.

Stormgate is by far my most anticipated game. I'm not sure it's actually supposed to come out in 2023 though.

Also excited for Starfield.

I mean, there's gotta be something.
I was super excited for GoW but nearly 3 weeks later I still haven't beaten it and have little desire to pick it back up. I don't hate either. I think it is great but idk I just don't care anymore. Time for me to find a new hobbie.

I'll add a separate section for as of yet unannounced PS titles I most want to play:
Demon's Souls
Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tsushima
I can agree with all those.
I'll add in a Bloodborne Remake (if its real or not)
Also Atlas Fallen - Deck 13's new game (the ones who made The Surge 1 and 2
Lords of the Fallen Remake ~Maybe, we'll see.
and I've discovered this little gem the other day

Last edited:
Dead Space will be a day 1 buy for me. Stalker looks pretty good to me.... Not sure if I'll get it or not but I'll definitely check it out.

If there's a CP2077 expansion/DLC coming out next year, that's definitely #1.
RE4 remake.
Dead Space remake.
Returnal PC port (hopefully it's real).
I guess if The Last of Us finally makes its way to PC, I'll actually play it (third time buying it is a charm, right?).

That's pretty much it, in terms of games I have a positive outlook on next year.

I expect Starfield to flop.
STALKER 2 delays do not bode well for it.
Same goes for CoH3... delay after delay.
I'm done with Destiny.
Diablo 4 will surely be a disaster given the current state of Blizzard.
Alan Wake 2... hopefully a success?
Etc etc. Lots of hopeful sequels building upon ruined/ancient IP next year it seems.

Portal RTX since I never played the original despite getting it way back when it was new. I know, I know, it's a few weeks prior to 2023 but close enough :p.

like this
I want to be excited for Diablo IV.. But after how terrible Immortal was, I throw up in my brain just thinking about what terrible things they have probably done to it since its launch.

Path of Exile 2 and Diablo IV. To be honest though, I have plenty of games I enjoy playing right now. Just between all the great boomer shooters releasing, Path of Exile, and WoW and StarCraft/StarCraft II I have my hands full. 2022 has been a really fun year of gaming for me.

like this
the first half of 2023 looks epic!

January: Forspoken...Dead Space remake
February: Atomic Heart...Returnal PC?
March: System Shock remake...Last of Us Part 1 PC...Star Wars Jedi: Survivor...Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty...Resident Evil 4
April: Forbidden West DLC: Burning Shores
May: Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
and still no confirmed date for Elden Ring story expansion/DLC

like this
I'm ecstatic about Remnant 2. The first one was so underrated and just seemed to fly over many peoples heads. There's just something special about it.

I'm ecstatic about Remnant 2. The first one was so underrated and just seemed to fly over many peoples heads. There's just something special about it.

hopefully S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Remnant 2, Phantom Liberty expansion, the new Ken Levine game and Armored Core VI actually come out in 2023...might be an all-time great year for gaming

March is going to be a good month. Wish Last of Us and Atomic Heart came sooner. I have 4 anticipated games coming out within 30 days of each other.

Edit: New Final Fantasy game as well. Not too sure how interested I am in that one.

Last edited:
Starfield
Jedi Survivor
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
CP2077 Phantom Liberty
Atomic Heart
Dead Space Remake

Horizon Forbidden West on PC...? One can hope.

Horizon Forbidden West on PC...? One can hope.

since the Burning Shores expansion is releasing in April on PS5, I'm guessing the Complete Edition on PC (with DLC included) won't be coming for another 6-12 months after that

Back