You Can Now E-Mail Tweets

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know those people that don't have Twitter because they don't want to be bothered by 24/7 updates about whatever useless crap their friends are doing? Twitter just fixed that for them. :D

That’s why we’re introducing the ability to email a Tweet directly from twitter.com –– a feature that will be rolling out to everyone over the coming weeks. You can email a Tweet to anyone, whether they use Twitter or not, right from your Twitter stream or from the details view of any Tweet. Just click on the “More” icon next to the reply, retweet and favorite buttons in order to email a Tweet to anyone you know. You can add your own comment, and we’ll send an email with your comment and the Tweet together. Just like that.

Isn't that just an e-mail limited to 140 characters? :D

It still amuses me (for some reason) that when I pause on one of my Blu ray players it has the option to post to twitter about why I love the film...:confused:

oh yay... *cringe*

I hope that means someone on an email can send a tweet to a twat on twitter, and not the other way around if I start getting twits twatting me in my email because I don't have Twitter it's going to tweek me

oh yay... *cringe*

I hope that means someone on an email can send a tweet to a twat on twitter, and not the other way around if I start getting twits twatting me in my email because I don't have Twitter it's going to tweek me

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but bad sfsu for being dirty in a thread that doesn't somehow involve Research In Motion. :(

Who in the fuck uses twitter and who in the fuck would want such a feature?

Sounds like my email will be blocking any emails from @twitter.com now.

To everybody using Twitter:

Try Google Plus, where you have configuration options to block emails, mute notifications, in addition to the Circles features.

Remember: On Google, you don't have to be annoyed by somebody else's spam.

This post paid for by the Common Sense Social Networking Association.

Also paid for by the: "Why on earth is Twitter such a big deal?" Foundation.

Overwhelming Snarkiness provided free of charge. Implied insults against Twitter also provided Free of Charge. Promotion of Google Plus provided free of charge.

Google+, huge waste of time, cause everyone is on Facebook. I haven't found a use for Twitter yet. I was following a few people, but all they did was tweet a link to their blog update. It's easier to just go to their blog.

Oh God NO! I don't want to be force tweeted by twitterpated twits! Just the thought makes me feel all sorts of voilated.

oh yay... *cringe*

twittling/tweeting twits are the twerst.

I'm still waiting for Twitter to roll out the upgrade that automatically tweets your every action on your PC. Like if you start watching a movie, it tweets that. If you're writing an e-mail, it tweets that. If you move your mouse 1 pixel, it tweets that. I really think that would bring Twitter to the next level of broadcasting things are completely useless.

That's impressive given I don't personally know a single person who uses it. :p

I have a few friends who use it, but they're mostly older losers who are still trying to look "high tech" and pretend they're part of the "in crowd" or something like that.

That's impressive given I don't personally know a single person who uses it. :p

You're not part of the cool club then. Join the hipsters and the groovy, oh wait, you're not cool. :rolleyes:

^Just messing and making fun of the sass. :p

I'm still waiting for Twitter to roll out the upgrade that automatically tweets your every action on your PC. Like if you start watching a movie, it tweets that. If you're writing an e-mail, it tweets that. If you move your mouse 1 pixel, it tweets that. I really think that would bring Twitter to the next level of broadcasting things are completely useless.
Just wait until they tie it into Google Glass once that's become a mainstream toy. :eek:

Back