X570 Motherboard and 2 Video Cards (non-SLi)

RushFan

Gawd
I've been thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen 9 system. I currently run 2 video cards (RTX 3080 & GTX 1080) in my X99 + i7-6900K setup.

I have 3 monitors, and an HTC Vive, and a 4K TV.

The new 3080 is connected to the ultrawide central monitor and the Vive.
The 1080 connects to the 2 outside 1080p monitors and the 4K TV. The 4K TV is rarely used, but I like to have the capability.

I only game on the central monitor - never on any of the other screens (except the Vive, of course) - but the outside monitors are usually used for web browsing, YouTube, music, etc., while inside a game.

Will an X570 motherboard allow me to keep this type of configuration? I don't want to buy one and then find out I can't use the second video card like I currently do.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, two video cards, one that goes to one gaming screen, and one that just connects to monitors for basic tasks, sounds like a fine plan.
I see no reason that wouldn't work. They're both Nvidia too, so it should be fully compatible without driver mixups.

Yeah, two video cards, one that goes to one gaming screen, and one that just connects to monitors for basic tasks, sounds like a fine plan.
I see no reason that wouldn't work. They're both Nvidia too, so it should be fully compatible without driver mixups.
Thanks. Now it's time to start plotting my purchases.

I ran a GTX 680 in conjunction with my 2080 RTX for a while. It worked fine.

Back