X4 955 Overclock Question

Roberty

Extremely [H]
What are the ones of you that own a BE X4 955 getting on overclocks and at what voltage? I'm running mine ever since I got it at 3.62ghz at stock voltage with an 18x multiplier. I haven't tried yet to really see what it would do but I know it will not run any higher at stock voltage under load without bluescreening. I was wondering what others were getting on air cooling and what voltage on the CPU I need to stay under to be safe with this cpu. I just got a new case with much better airflow than my old one (Cooler Master Storm Scout) and ordered a better fan for my old trusty XP-90 heatsink that I will be putting together this week. I just tried 3.72ghz at 1.4 volts and ran the stress test and it ran stable and ran 56c temps while doing the stress test on the CPU. I'm going to swap to the new case and fan before taking it any further. What is probably the most I can reasonably expect out of this cpu without getting crazy on the voltage?

The 955 is almost exactly the same as the 940 as far as the average overclock. You should aim for 3.8-3.9GHz. More might be possible but even if it's game stable very few C2's are Prime stable at or above 4GHz with air/water cooling. My 940 is stable in every benchmarket I've tried at 3.9GHz but I leave it at 3.7GHz because that is the highest I've gone with a 2 hour Prime95 test and the extra 200MHz won't do a whole lot.

Mine does up to 3.5ghz stock vcore, 3.6 it needs +0.05, 3.7 it needs +0.1, 3.8 +0.15. I just run it at 3.7 1.45v, as it gets pretty hot at more voltage than that.

My 940 needed the exact same voltage increases, just at 100mhz lower. It took +0.1v at 3.6, which is what I ran it at.

I guess mine is not the best 955, as I hear some people getting 3.8 at stock vcore, which definitely is not mine. But 3.7 is fine too, and still 100mhz more than my 940 did at "comfortable" 24/7 voltage.

Note if it was not so hot down here in florida, Id have no problem running it at 3.8

Back