WTB: Ubiquiti USG and/or UAP-AC-Lite/Pro

Looking for a Ubiquiti USG. (found on that auction site) Found
Maybe even a UAP-AC-Lite (or Pro) if the price is right.. Found

Shipping is to 20152

edit: got a uap-ac-pro. got usg

Heat: stroodlebug

Last edited:
What's your budget on your USG? I saw two used one on Amazon, one for ~$85 and the other is ~$90.

Im mot sure what your usage scenario is or budget but I own a Dream Machine Pro and its amazing. So if you dont find a usg look at the UDP. Really great firewall for the home. Can handle any internet connection you can throw at it even with IDD/IPS on.

Im mot sure what your usage scenario is or budget but I own a Dream Machine Pro and its amazing. So if you dont find a usg look at the UDP. Really great firewall for the home. Can handle any internet connection you can throw at it even with IDD/IPS on.
I second this ^ if you plan on going with most of the ubiquiti stack the UDM/UDMP is the way to go.
At least 8x better speed/performance with IDS/IPS turned on, they run the controller for you, and it doesn't use a janky ass DC brick for power.
If you opt for the regular UDM it has the equivalent to about a nanoHD access point built into it too.
So USG ($140) + AP ($180) + Controller Key ($100) the UDMs $300 price isn't so far off.

Really the only thing I wish both of the dream machines had was a few or all POE ports, they would be perfect if it did (then again it'd compete with their switch sales).

Edit: IMO the only thing the USG is good for nowadays is trying out the ubiquiti gateway line since its cheap used (or if your internet is max of 100/100Mbps or less).

Last edited:
I'm getting a UDMP in a couple weeks, I can give ya a deal on a usg if you want then. Currently in use.

Im mot sure what your usage scenario is ..

so the USG would go in a closet in the basement, where there isn't much need for an access point as everything is already hard wired and I've seen significant signal drop when i had my dd-wrt placed there
I have the AC-Lite on the main level, and was looking to get another AC-Lite for upstairs (or if I found the pro, maybe switch them around). Network is actually pretty ok upstairs, except for a a couple of spots in either corner of the house, one of which happens to be the office :(

I second this ^ if you plan on going with most of the ubiquiti stack the UDM/UDMP is the way to go.
At least 8x better speed/performance with IDS/IPS turned on, they run the controller for you, and it doesn't use a janky ass DC brick for power.
If you opt for the regular UDM it has the equivalent to about a nanoHD access point built into it too.
So USG ($140) + AP ($180) + Controller Key ($100) the UDMs $300 price isn't so far off.

Really the only thing I wish both of the dream machines had was a few or all POE ports, they would be perfect if it did (then again it'd compete with their switch sales).

Edit: IMO the only thing the USG is good for nowadays is trying out the ubiquiti gateway line since its cheap used (or if your internet is max of 100/100Mbps or less).

did have 100/100, just moved to 1000/1000.
I have the controller running right now on an Unraid docker, so quite happy with that, would not get the Controller Key then..
price is a factor at the moment, so a cheap USG would be a cheap(er) way to get a little more into the ecosystem. I looked at the EdgeRouter-X as well, but I do want the controller interface for centralized management

I'll probably at some point get one of the POE switches, for the reolinks, and the APs, but wanted to get the USG sorted out first.

I'm getting a UDMP in a couple weeks, I can give ya a deal on a usg if you want then. Currently in use.
Let me know!

Last edited:
gig symetrical you won't be able to run IDS/IPS on a USG, but everything else will work fine. Line speed on the cpu in the USG is about 85 megs. For anything that can handle 1 gig line speed you're in the $300-400 range for starters.

gig symetrical you won't be able to run IDS/IPS on a USG, but everything else will work fine. Line speed on the cpu in the USG is about 85 megs. For anything that can handle 1 gig line speed you're in the $300-400 range for starters.
so with IDS/IPS off, and hardware offloading turned on, what kind of speeds would i be looking at with the USG?

so with IDS/IPS off, and hardware offloading turned on, what kind of speeds would i be looking at with the USG?
I'm running a usg with att gigapower currently and unraid unifi container too, as long as you leave IPS/IDS off you're good (though I did try turning it on and still got about 250/250).
I get the full 930+ up and down with it off, at l least when speed testing, :https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/ba472410-38aa-4fcc-b24c-cd726f6a1329
I love the full upload speeds, really convenient for hosting plex, I can game and do whatever I want without streams, downloads, or otherwise affecting my latency.

Side note, dont trust the built in usg speed test, it maxes out at about 250/250.
Also make sure the USG is vertical (on its side), it gets really fuggin hot if you leave it sitting horizontal (the light facing upwards or downwards).

I'm running a usg with att gigapower currently and unraid unifi container too, as long as you leave IPS/IDS off you're good (though I did try turning it on and still got about 250/250).
I get the full 930+ up and down with it off, at l least when speed testing, :https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/ba472410-38aa-4fcc-b24c-cd726f6a1329
I love the full upload speeds, really convenient for hosting plex, I can game and do whatever I want without streams, downloads, or otherwise affecting my latency.

Side note, dont trust the built in usg speed test, it maxes out at about 250/250.
Also make sure the USG is vertical (on its side), it gets really fuggin hot if you leave it sitting horizontal (the light facing upwards or downwards).

Awesome, thanks, thats what i was hoping for.
Thanks for the tip on the positioning :)

Awesome, thanks, thats what i was hoping for.
Thanks for the tip on the positioning :)
I actually printed one of these not realizing the position could affect it so much: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2469629#files
It worked well sitting on my desk in both positions, I can only assume they're meant to run that hot its just concerningly uncomfortable to me, it was hotter than my Schiit Jotunheim amp pulling probably 5x as much power.

Back