WTB older MacBook air

jojo69

[H]F Junkie
With old rectangular USB and 1/8" audio. Like 2015 up until USB-C/thunderbolt came in, something in there.

Other specs not terribly important.

We EOL'ed MB air usage in favor of all MB pro this year so we got several back at work, I will check next Tuesday when I'm in office if some are in good condition as well as the exact specs of them.
If you had a choice do you have a preference on the specs? (namely ram and ssd size)
and by 2015 and up I assume it has to be the 2015+ broadwell models? or are the 2013+ haswell acceptable too? or do you want it to be able to support a specific os version?
lastly 11" or 13" or doesnt matter?

Obviously newer and better is...well...newer and better. It is for a friend's musical collaboration. I'm not sure the reason for the 2015 spec but I will ask. It may well be a software compatibility requirement. I'm not a Mac guy at all myself.

Thanks for the reply!

Obviously newer and better is...well...newer and better. It is for a friend's musical collaboration. I'm not sure the reason for the 2015 spec but I will ask. It may well be a software compatibility requirement. I'm not a Mac guy at all myself.

Thanks for the reply!
No worries, yeah generally software compatibility is going to be OS version based rather than hardware based since they were using intel back then.
IIRC all of them can do up to Big Sur, but the 2015 is the only one that can do up to the latest monteray natively (the 2013's can do monteray with a compatibility patch though) ~ none of them are expected to support Ventura.
That said I would be concerned with the cpu power capability of a macbook air for audio processing stuff its usually very CPU intensive and thats the reason we retired our airs the CPU power was extremely lacking just my 2 cents.

I'll get you the options I have available if thats what he really wants though.

Back