WTB Noctua NH-C14 with 1366 bracket

jojo69

[H]F Junkie
I'm racking up one of the old workhorses here and I see that the new production NH-C14S no longer supports LGA1366.

Hoping somebody has an old one knocking around.

Last edited:
oh wow...thank you for that! I figured if they still worked with the old sockets they would advertise that fact.

I will look into that for sure.

Hmmmmmm, need to find a receipt from a 1366 mobo or CPU...I might have that...lol

I have been able to receive adapter kits without a receipt. I would submit a picture that has a handwritten note with my name and a timestamp next to the cooler and the motherboard and/or CPU. It might depend on the customer service agent you deal with though.

It sometimes takes awhile to get the adapter kit. If it's dispatched from the USA I would get it within 2 weeks. If it comes from Austria it takes up to 4 weeks in my experience.

actually going to bump this on the weekend, if someone has one with the old bracket I could start using it right away and wrestle the new bracket out of Noctua at my leisure

Honestly, I might have the parts to Frankenstein this together for you. Doing some research the IMB2 brackets look like the correct mounting brackets which I have a few extra sets of. I know I used to have that X style backplate as well, but looking can't find it. I do however have a million Corsair AIO Intel backplates (5 gallon freezer bag full) that support 1366 with sliders. You could potentially use the corsair backplate, standoffs, IMB2 bracket, and noctua or corsair thumbscrews on top. I'm not sure what height the corsair standoffs versus the noctua ones are and if the heights would all line up. If you want to do the research on that, and can confirm it'll work, I can hook you up with the parts for $1 plus shipping.

Do you have a D14s or D15s? Do you have all the accessories that came with the heatsink?

Edit: The easiest and option that seems to make the most sense would be to buy a new heatsink and sell your current Noctua for more. You might be able to get something like this for cheap (Sub $40) and sell your noctua for more:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prolimatec...876274?hash=item2f58b762b2:g:cGwAAOSwn-9f775X

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
just to be clear, I had a typo in the post, the title is correct, I am looking for the C14, the low profile one that is bent over 90

^ I don't currently own one, I will look into your hardware options, its not like this is rocket science right? I agree that there is probably lots of random hardware out there that would work.

Back