WTB: Gimme your dirt cheapest, lowest spec Piledriver FX CPU.

1337Goat

Gawd
I just want to "finalize" my AMD FX system before I give it away or set it up as an emergency system.
So I want your Piledriver CPU, no matter what chip it is.

Yeah, I'll pay, but not much. This system just needs this one final upgrade.

Right now it's on the most disgustingly cheap Bulldozer CPU, and yeah, it's not a pleasant system, especially in 2020.

The motherboard has literal scorch marks on it from an exploding graphics card, and the CPU always ends up getting ripped out of the socket by the heatsink. Beyond just that, the RAM is mismatched, with one of them being a weirdly huge stick, and the other is oddly small. Just bare, ugly RAM. The case is ripped apart for scrap and is missing quite a few fans and gratings. It is horrifying.

It's an endearingly terrible system. But it works.

So I might as well put the cherry on top of this trash-can here by upgrading it to anything that says Piledriver.

Lemme know what you've got.

Here ya go, Taco. =p

The burn marks are on the chipset heatsink and some of the SATA ports.

Attachments

• fx0mbie.jpg
    fx0mbie.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Do you want a better graphics card, man? I’ve got a 2GB Radeon FirePro V8800 sitting around here that’s bound to be an improvement over that tiny card in there. Just pay shipping and it’s yours.

Do you want a better graphics card, man? I’ve got a 2GB Radeon FirePro V8800 sitting around here that’s bound to be an improvement over that tiny card in there. Just pay shipping and it’s yours.

That tiny card with a heatsink is actually a wifi card. There's not currently a graphics card at all in there. =D
There's also an old PCI dialup modem card in there too.

If I need to use that PC, I usually just pull out my other graphics card from another old PC I have.

So yeah, I'll message you.

Back