WTB: G34 motherboards

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

I have 4, 8-core G34 processors that aren't being used right now. Looking for 1, 2P or 4P boards to populate them with.

or I could let them go for real, real cheap if you want to use them yourself. As in the price of shipping kind of cheap.

They're AMD 6128 CPUs. Got them used. Haven't tested them.

I've got the G34 that I bought from Linden. I'd rather use it, but I may have to downsize my office soon, so parting with it may be the way to go. It represents about half of my points on WCG, actually about 60% I think. I have both of the PSUs Stats:

Motherboard: Supermicro H8QGL-iF (Socket G34), Rev. 1.0, 6 X PCIe full length

BIOS: GL1NG4.511

CPU: 4 X AMD Opteron, Magny Cours, 2 X 6174 + 2 X 6176; OC 11 X 225, 2475MHz

11 X 225, 2475MHz (Corsair),

11 X 230, 2530MHz (Enermax) (only cool weather)

11 X 225, 2475MHz (hot weather); RAM unstable (HT-retries) under BOINC

11 X 232 @ 2 November 2013 unstable @ 74F ambient

11 X 220, 2420MHz

PSU (current): Enermax 950 Evolution 85+

PSU: (previous. currently a spare): Corsair CMPSU-AX750

Memory: 64GB/16 X 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600, CL 9, 1.5v

Video Card/GPU: Matrox 200, integrated

CPU Heatsink: 4 X Cooler Master Hyper 212+, custom mounting, “Musky mod”

I currently also have two of my 980 Tis on that board, so I can verify that it can indeed fold and run WCG at the same time. I was in a conversation to have a custom case built for it when my daughter was born, about 6 weeks early. So it's on the back-burner, and honestly I'm not sure I want to fiddle with it anymore. I have it running Windows Server at the moment to handle all the cores, but Linux works just as well. It's a rock solid board. I've been running both folding and WCG on it from the start, and it's never had a hiccup. In theory, if you had the right cards, you could easily put 3 in it, 6 actually if you had single-slot cards. All of the PCI-E are full length X16. They are V.2, not V.3, but I haven't notice any impact on Folding with 900 series cards. Let me know if you're interested. I want everything I own to be in a case before I move to my next office, and this one doesn't currently qualify.

Dang! You're the one who got his other one! Yes im interested. Away from home working right now, so it'll be a few weeks before I can do anything.

Yeah, I responded to him first, so I had first pick. So I nabbed the one with all the PCI-E slots. ;)

Back