WTB: DDR2 2x4GB Laptop Memory - And it's gotta be cheap!

1337Goat

Gawd
PC2-6400S preferred, but PC2-5300S is fine too.

I'm looking to spend less than $25, so it's fine to scoff.
It's old RAM for an old laptop of mine, so I'm not about to go crawling to Micron and spend $100 on this.

So lemme know if you have any. Thanks.

How much do you need? I can check my stash when I get home later. I can't remember off hand but I may only have ddr3 sodims at the moment. If I do happen to have any ddr2 laptop sticks you can have them for shipping cost, but I'd say it's unlikely I have any right now. Free bump.

How much do you need? I can check my stash when I get home later. I can't remember off hand but I may only have ddr3 sodims at the moment. If I do happen to have any ddr2 laptop sticks you can have them for shipping cost, but I'd say it's unlikely I have any right now. Free bump.

I need two sticks, each one must be 4GB.
I don't think it was a very common size back in those days, so I'm not having much luck finding any.

Yeaaaaah, that's just so expensive.

Truth be told, I intend to just fix up my old college laptop and then sell it for $150ish.
So if the RAM costs too much, then I simply won't be able to sell it for a reasonable price.

Yeaaaaah, that's just so expensive.

Truth be told, I intend to just fix up my old college laptop and then sell it for $150ish.
So if the RAM costs too much, then I simply won't be able to sell it for a reasonable price.

Why don't you compromise on 4GB? It's still more than enough for an office/web machine (and it's not like you're going to be gaming on such an ancient machine).

4GB DDR2 sticks were so rare, especially in SODIMM!

Well, I've already got 4GB.

I figure a potential buyer on Craigslist or something will be more likely to buy a laptop with 8GB RAM rather than 4GB.

But if I can't get the RAM, then I'll have to just sell it as it is.

Back