Would I get the VGA error if the HDMI cable is bad? ASUS Motherboard

cemster

n00b
Rog Maximus XIII HERO

It's a simple but very crucial question for me. This has been happening for a while now!

I had bend CPU pins, thus I got the VGA error. (One long three short beeps and white light)

I had the motherboard RMA'ed, fixed. And occasionally I am still getting the same errors. But POST goes through (A0) NO GPU card, by the way, it's an iCPU...

My question is;

Would I get the same error if the "HDMI CABLE" between MOBO and Monitor is bad?

Thank you

Last edited:
Rog Maximus XIII HERO

It's a simple but very crucial question for me. This has been happening for a while now!

I had bend CPU pins, thus I got the VGA error. (One long three short beeps and white light)

I had the motherboard RMA'ed, fixed. And occasionally I am still getting the same errors. But POST goes through (A0) NO GPU card, by the way, it's a GCPU...

My question is;

Would I get the same error if the "HDMI CABLE" between MOBO and Monitor is bad?

Thank you
your using the mobo hdmi with the intel graphics right? thats called igpu.
start by swapping cable. it could be either the cable or the monitor isnt initializing right. my TV does it and ive seen others too. if it comes up and says no video, unplug and replug the hdmi and see if it come back.

Hi, yes I meant iGPU...
I was using an HDMI extension thingy and when I removed it and connected with a single cable I was able to boot.

But my main concern is to know if the cable is bad would I get the errors? The whole shabang: Beeps and the white light but since the POST is completed no Q code error.

I was using an HDMI extension thingy and when I removed it and connected with a single cable I was able to boot.
well theres your prob. hdmi can only go so long(cant remember*) and then needs to be amplified. you cant just add an extension as the signal degrades.
*,edit: 50' so length probably isnt an issue, just the extender, probably.

Probably but it did work once in a while.

But do you know if the errors would happen with bad cable?

I have to repeat few times to be sure. I am not able to do that right now.

Hi, I have not experienced the errors so far, after reducing my HDMI cables with an extension plug to a single one.

But, I have received a response from Asus service that claiming I would not get those errors due to an HDMI cable error.
As disappointing as this sounds, I have one single hope reserved and that is; the service representative did not realize (why I don't know!) that I am not using a GPU card but instead I am on Intel's iGPU. So, I am hoping/wishing that maybe if they knew that the errors I got was with iGPU would change the equation and somehow I would be okay... Too much?

Hi, I have not experienced the errors so far, after reducing my HDMI cables with an extension plug to a single one.

But, I have received a response from Asus service that claiming I would not get those errors due to an HDMI cable error.
As disappointing as this sounds, I have one single hope reserved and that is; the service representative did not realize (why I don't know!) that I am not using a GPU card but instead I am on Intel's iGPU. So, I am hoping/wishing that maybe if they knew that the errors I got was with iGPU would change the equation and somehow I would be okay... Too much?
yeah it shouldnt cause an error, but if it went away, maybe it was causing it not to detect right, idk. check in the bios that the igpu is set to primary, if its on auto detect it may look for the pcie first and error.

I believe I did reset CMOS prior to upgrading to the latest BIOS. But I'll check it, for sure. I am on a different PC at the moment.

Back