wont start with 4750g.. help

slideways666

Limp Gawd
Hi all... So built up a new pc with 4750g as the apu. Cant get it to get past post.... once it tries to start windows it crashes right away... Though with 3400g--everything works fine..

mobo=b550i and bios is updated to f11p (newest)
cpu=4750g (on the mobo support list of cpu's that work)
mem= coursair vengeance lpx 32gb (on the support list of mem that works)

I have tried everything... Different set of mem sticks, different psu, different bios settings... No good.. Gets the bios screen then as soon as it goes to start windows i get bsod.. and insta reboot.. Doesnt show a error on the screen just a un-smiley face and restarts

I have a 3400g that way laying around-- so put that in.. Starts and works great.. 3400g and 4750g are very similar in the graphics engine -- so id think if one would work the other would too..

Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Last edited:
What MB exactly? I would try rolling back to an older bios assuming the 4750g is still supported. The newer bios might be overly aggressive on some of the default settings.

Try adjusting vcore soc to 1.05v.

The Renoir APUs are neat but they are so rare it seems MB manufactures are forgetting about them and often have issues with bios that is optimized for Matisse and Vermeer.

You might try a dedicated GPU or getting into VGA mode. Could be a need for newest/er drivers.

You might try a dedicated GPU or getting into VGA mode. Could be a need for newest/er drivers.

Good theory, but since he is coming from a 3400g, it's a good possibility he doesn't have a dedicated gpu and since the iGPUs are so similar, the drivers should be good to go.

Since it is crashing as soon as Windows starts, it just seems like a bios voltage setting or something.

Are you trying to boot an existing Windows install or booting an installation USB key/disc? Usually existing installs do fine with hardware changes, but it's not guaranteed.

Just for debugging purposes I'd try booting a Linux installer. If it comes up it's probably a Windows problem rather than the BIOS. Also try booting it in text mode if it crashes loading the GUI installer.

I built two 4650g systems recently, and plopped existing Windows installs from Intel mini desktops; no obvious problems. I'm using a Gigabyte a520 board, but haven't tried its F11p bios yet (I've got an earlier F11 beta on one, but waiting for a final build, because I didn't see any significant differences)

Back