Wireless HDMI - TV to audio receiver

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Hello,
I have a family friend that needs to connect their TV to their audio receiver which is in a cabinet about 15-20ft away. He primarily wants to connect the TV audio to the audio receiver.

What is the best wireless hdmi option for this?

And out of curiosity, is it a 2 way signal?
Could he connect a DVD or blu ray player to the receiver and send the video signal back to the TV?

Thanks

All your sources would connect to the receiver(dvd / blu ray / cable box) and then the receiver would forward the video signal to the TV via wireless hdmi.

All your sources would connect to the receiver(dvd / blu ray / cable box) and then the receiver would forward the video signal to the TV via wireless hdmi.
Actually, the audio needs to come from the TV to the receiver (like if your watching a movie) so do I simply put the transmitter at the tv and the receiver at the audio receiver end?

Do they have two way communication like a normal hdmi cable? Like if you wanted to send a DVD video signal back to the TV? Or is it only one way?

If you have arc on tv to the receiver it should forward that input through the tv to the receiver. So in this setup you have your stuff plugged to tv and forwards to receiver, however you can also have all your devices on receiver and forward to tv input. Honestly the easiest way is like chromecast on tv or something like that.

If you have arc on tv to the receiver it should forward that input through the tv to the receiver. So in this setup you have your stuff plugged to tv and forwards to receiver, however you can also have all your devices on receiver and forward to tv input. Honestly the easiest way is like chromecast on tv or something like that.
Thank you for the reply. In this care, I think most devices would be plugged into the receiver (example: DVD player, CD player etc) since everything is in a separate cabinet but when they watch TV or Netflix on the TV, the audio is pushed out through the audio receive.

Is there a particular wireless HDMI that you'd recommend within a couple hundred dollars? Again, the distance is less than 20 feet but as high quality and issue free as possible that's pretty future proof.

Thanks

What kind of tv do you have as it might already have an app built in? Example my pc has a intel wifi ax200 and if you go to display setting win 10, connect to wireless display it can pickup Vizio or samsung tvs as a partner.

Depends on how close to "perfect" you want to get here. ARC would be nice, might even be able to control the receiver via the TV remote. But, you'll need a pricey wireless HDMI adapter, AND you need to make sure it will support ARC, as I don't think all of them do. It's not exactly a clearly advertised feature as few use it that way.
Though this would require that you have a new enough TV AND receiver that both support this feature and it's stable enough, as ARC is known to be buggy at times.

Another option is to do optical out for 5.1 audio from the TV. Then you only need wireless audio transmitter, which are much easier to find and cheaper. Though you need to decide on how you will control the volume and power the receiver, as that will have to be done at the receiver.

Finally, if you're just talking Netflix, get a Roku, stick it by the receiver, and send video to TV via any decent wireless hdmi transmitter. Should be the most stable solution if you ask me, but I don't have the full story here obviously.

Depends on how close to "perfect" you want to get here. ARC would be nice, might even be able to control the receiver via the TV remote. But, you'll need a pricey wireless HDMI adapter, AND you need to make sure it will support ARC, as I don't think all of them do. It's not exactly a clearly advertised feature as few use it that way.
Though this would require that you have a new enough TV AND receiver that both support this feature and it's stable enough, as ARC is known to be buggy at times.

Another option is to do optical out for 5.1 audio from the TV. Then you only need wireless audio transmitter, which are much easier to find and cheaper. Though you need to decide on how you will control the volume and power the receiver, as that will have to be done at the receiver.

Finally, if you're just talking Netflix, get a Roku, stick it by the receiver, and send video to TV via any decent wireless hdmi transmitter. Should be the most stable solution if you ask me, but I don't have the full story here obviously.

Can you recommend a wireless optical audio transmitter that would work best for sending audio from TV to an audio receiver?

Thanks

Can you recommend a wireless optical audio transmitter that would work best for sending audio from TV to an audio receiver?

Thanks
I know they're out there but I personally haven't used any wireless ones. You can do digital to analog converter and search for analog wireless extenders, too.

I do have nearly the same setup you're dealing with and I ran a Toslink via Cat5 extender, as I avoid wireless whenever possible. I used a Geffen adapter that I scored on eBay for like $50, but there are several others at that price range - again, all wired. Any chance you can run a Cat5 cable along the wall?

I have Logitech Harmony for control and ran IR flasher to the receiver via another Cat5 - I had several CAT5 cables pre-wired when I did house renovation, and that certainly made life easier.

Does it have to be wireless? You can get 20+ feet HDMI 2.0 cables for cheap. I run a 30' cable from my PC to my tv with no issues. You can also get fiber cables for HDMI 2.1 but those are a little pricey. I just run the cable behind my couch and use a velcro channel from under my couch to the TV. You can get some base board channel and run it along the wall or something to that extent.

Back