Windows dropping connection while downloading torrents

Nebell

2[H]4U
I updated Windows to the new 2H22 and since then every time I download torrents internet dies.
I have to reset the adapter and then it works for 1-5 minutes and then dies again.
Any idea why? I did not have this issue before updating. It's not a router problem as every other device connected to it works, just my PC (wired connection, haven't tried wireless).

If the hardware is the same and only the software has changed, then it sounds like a driver problem. If you're currently using Microsoft's driver for the network adapter, try installing the manufacturer's most recent driver instead (or vice versa if you have already done that).

yup probably that^^. if you have an option to rollback that might be all it takes. if not, install the oem drivers.

Reinstall your nic driver. My internet was constantly dropping out on my PC after a update not that long ago. I though my nic was dying but I got the latest nic driver and had no issues since.

My son had a similar problem with the built-in i211 NIC on his Crosshair VII after the Win11 22H2 update. Network connection was just ridiculously unstable and made playing online games almost impossible. Had him install the latest Intel drivers for it, which confused him because they are marked under Windows 10, and his connection has been golden ever since.

The problem is back but not if I connect WIFI. It seems to be an issue not with drivers or the router but the splitter I have for the TVs, PS5 and PC.
Works fine with WIFI and I only lose like 30-50mbits.

I updated Windows to the new 2H22 and since then every time I download torrents internet dies.
I have to reset the adapter and then it works for 1-5 minutes and then dies again.
Any idea why? I did not have this issue before updating. It's not a router problem as every other device connected to it works, just my PC (wired connection, haven't tried wireless).
It’s not windows, it’s the government. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Back