Windows 11 unsupported hardware thread

455olds

Gawd
Interested to hear about unsupported hardware running Windows 11. Installation method, system specs ,how it's running, thoughts and opinions. I'm running x58-ud5 system in my sig. I used this guys method on youtube. Running good so far and updates appear to be working.

I did two 6 and 7th gen (6600 and 7700) AIOs with TPM2.0 this week. All good. That was the first time I'd tried using 11.

Leaving them for a week or two to see how the updates fare when i turn them back on.

I had to delete my post about installing it on hardware that is not supported, it was wrong information.

For some reason my 6000 series Skylake Laptop (with TPM) accepted a clean install without modification. My 6000 series Skylake desktop (without TPM) did not accept a clean install without modification. I guess TPM alone is enough to bypass the checks. It must not look at the CPU specifically, just for the presence of a compatible TPM. The workaround for my 6000 series Skylake build on Windows Setup was using Shift+F10 to open cmd, running Regedit and doing ...

When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup, right-click on the Setup key and select New > Key. When prompted to name the key, enter LabConfig and press enter.

Now right-click on the LabConfig key and select New > DWORD (32-bit) value and create a value named BypassTPMCheck, and set its data to 1.

But as I said, a clean install on a device that was activated on 10 automatically activated 11 without having to update to 11 first in Windows.

Last edited:
At the end of the day MS wants its software on as many machines as it can. I remember having to call them up in the day to get a XP machine activated. They said they wouldn't do it, so i just said "Okay I'll put Linux on it!"

They reactivated it!

Back