Windows 11 and secure boot

Good Morning All,

I have become obsessed with installing Windows 11, shame on me.
I have a MSI MPG x570 gaming pro carbon wifi.
I need to switch to UEIF in order to enable secure boot, but when i reboot, it just goes back to the bios. It will only boot when Legacy + UEIF is chosen.
I have followed a video showing the tedious rebooting required to enable secure boot, which obviously has not worked.

BTW, i have joined the Windows Insider, which possibly is effecting the process. And I do have TPM 2 working.
Anybody have an idea how to fix this?
Thanks.

i only had to turn on tpm in bios, i didnt enable secure boot. how are you trying to install, via updates??

Here is the bios security page. I did change the the security device support to enable, but my AMD fTPM switch was already functioning. I haven't tried to enable secure boot though.

Yes, i am trying to install through updates.

Thanks

Attachments

• bios.jpg
    bios.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 0
Here is the bios security page. I did change the the security device support to enable, but my AMD fTPM switch was already functioning. I haven't tried to enable secure boot though.

Yes, i am trying to install through updates.

Thanks
yeah i think i only turned on tpm and had it set to bios, if thats an option on yours try it. where it says "amd cpu" at the top, see if it can change to "bios". i did not enable secure boot, so it shouldnt be needed and i turned of tpm after updating to 11, youll still get updates. is the update not showing up?

My problem is once i change from Legacy + UEIF to just UEIF, when i save and reboot, it goes back to the bios. My ultimate goat is to enable secure boot so that i can install windows 11.

My problem is once i change from Legacy + UEIF to just UEIF, when i save and reboot, it goes back to the bios. My ultimate goat is to enable secure boot so that i can install windows 11.
you dont need secure boot. make sure you turn off CSM too or it will flip back.

I need to switch to UEIF in order to enable secure boot, but when i reboot, it just goes back to the bios. It will only boot when Legacy + UEIF is chosen.

First of all, you are talking about UEFI right? You keep using "UEIF".

If you installed your OS using the legacy BIOS, then in most cases simply switching to UEFI will not allow you to boot. In many cases you will have to re-install windows after switching to UEFI. That's probably what is going on - not detecting any bootable devices after you switch to UEFI.

If you don't want to re-install, it would probably be easier to just switch back to the legacy BIOS and bypass the check altogether. You can do this by swapping the "appraiserres.dll" file in the "Sources" folder of the Windows 11 install files with the equivalent file from Windows 10 install files.

Back