Windows 10 USB Error

The Cobra

2[H]4U
So I am getting an annoying Windows notification that says a unknown usb device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and it beeps every 30 seconds. NONE of my USB devices are malfunctioning!!!! I uninstall the device, I disable the device, et cetera....The sound keeps popping up and it is annoying a shit!!!!

Is there ANYWAY I can not get these friggen notification sounds to stop? I have turned off all alerts in the notification in the system settings. The device manager keeps refreshing when I have the window open.

Help please.

Attachments

• 63.JPG
    63.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
sig rig? bios and chipset drivers up to date?
edit: and turn off all power saving in bios and windows settings.

Last edited:
So I am getting an annoying Windows notification that says a unknown usb device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and it beeps every 30 seconds. NONE of my USB devices are malfunctioning!!!! I uninstall the device, I disable the device, et cetera....The sound keeps popping up and it is annoying a shit!!!!

Is there ANYWAY I can not get these friggen notification sounds to stop? I have turned off all alerts in the notification in the system settings. The device manager keeps refreshing when I have the window open.

Help please.
Capture.JPG

Been having exact same issue here, But i only get it every once in a while...not every 30 seconds.
If the sound drives you that crazy, then adjusting windows sounds might be in order....should be able to just disable it (the sound) as well

Capture.JPG

Did you try adjusting it here? I get the same error as you, but not as often i think...but i hear it several times a day

What ever it is.....Me and the OP have same issue. Im certainly curious of the outcome. So far i figured it as some kinda of annoying windows bug....(so software issue)

What ever it is.....Me and the OP have same issue. Im certainly curious of the outcome. So far i figured it as some kinda of annoying windows bug....(so software issue)
This is absolutely a hardware issue and not a Windows issue. Something is malfunctioning and Windows see's this as its being plugged in and out repeatedly.

If you unplug every single USB device, including the motherboard headers, you'll likely figure it out.

This is absolutely a hardware issue and not a Windows issue. Something is malfunctioning and Windows see's this as its being plugged in and out repeatedly.

If you unplug every single USB device, including the motherboard headers, you'll likely figure it out.

"Motherboard headers" Sorry, don't know what that is. As I stated above, I only have four devices plugged into the USB ports. One USB 3 device (USB hub buiilt into the monitor) and three USB 2 devices: Soundbar, Mouse and KB which all work fine.

"Motherboard headers" Sorry, don't know what that is. As I stated above, I only have four devices plugged into the USB ports. One USB 3 device (USB hub buiilt into the monitor) and three USB 2 devices: Soundbar, Mouse and KB which all work fine.
the header that the case usb connects to, bottom left corner of the mobo usually.
disconnect everything but the mouse and keyboard. does it still happen? is fo, try another set to rule them out.

lol that sounds like work :) i will say this KB works fine, Mouse works fine.....Ill open it up tomorrow and prove all of you wrong lol

of course correct me if im wrong, but mine started out back when there was all the chatter of USB AM4 issues.....I Already tried unplugging everything one at a time (not all at once) with the exception of the case header (but nothing plugged into the case) not to mention those usb ports had never shown anything strange.....its not like I never tried unplugging and looking for faulty usb devices. This is what had mean leaning toward software issue and the fact i could never find any usb device acting strange

Gotcha. I will do that tomorrow when I get a chance. Thx. I already did the other steps to no avail.

Back