Windows 10 May update version 2004 or 20H1

Just installed it on a Dell at work. Everything seems to work fine except Dell Support Assistant won't run. I only use it as an easy way to update the latest drivers and bios. No biggee.
You still use that obnoxious program. That is one of the first things I get rid of. The HP one is even worse. Both are resource hogs.
Only time I allow it on is when I';ve got an actual support case for something that just isn't making sense and need actual support.

Only problem is the SSD can still be somewhat unreliable. Make sure you have a good backup and don't over hammer the drive with numerous read write going on all the time.
Only thing SSD's are not as good for is if you have lots of pictures, videos, and music. those files chew up a lot of space and SSD are still quite expensive compared to good ol SATA drives. Especially as you get to the larger GB sizes.
I don't do warez so I don't have too many terabytes of data to store :)

The SSD reliability has been greater than spinning drives for quite a long time now. Only weak part of them is data retention in long term storage when unplugged. R/W IO is not a problem for any modern SSD as endurance tests and datacenter statistics show.

You still use that obnoxious program. That is one of the first things I get rid of. The HP one is even worse. Both are resource hogs.
Only time I allow it on is when I';ve got an actual support case for something that just isn't making sense and need actual support.

Hell yes, that makes it so much easier for installing drivers/bios on both Dell and HP equipment now. And yup they are obnoxious so that is the reason I turn them off after I'm done checking. They both have umpteen installs for all sorts of things now. Just as bad as the old 3rd party malware crap they used to have on there. You need to learn to adapt and use your time more efficiently.

I don't do warez so I don't have too many terabytes of data to store :)

The SSD reliability has been greater than spinning drives for quite a long time now. Only weak part of them is data retention in long term storage when unplugged. R/W IO is not a problem for any modern SSD as endurance tests and datacenter statistics show.

Yes, gotta agree with B00nie here. Anyone that says SSD's are unreliable is FOS. I have about 100 SAS SSDs working as high use caching drives (3.5+ DWPD) and about 1000 spinning SAS and NLSAS drives in my data center and i have yet (knock on wood) have had an SSD fail. I get about 1 or 2 spinning drives go out a month. Now that being said the ages of the spinning drives range from 0-6 years, so the curve does bend towards age, but again SSD, stil lmore reliable.

All our desktops and laptops are SSD and NVMe now, and we used to regularly swap out machines with dead HDDs when they were spinners. Its SUPER rare now.

I'll say that it depends on the SSD.

Cheap TLC and most QLC is going to throttle like mad under large sustained writes. I've done this plenty of times myself; at the same time, for read intensive workloads, which represent nearly all consumer storage use, this is a non-issue. I was trying to use a TLC drive as a RAID write cache, and well, that was a bad idea!

I ended up just wiping my OS drive and doing a clean install with 2004 and it has been working fine.

I never did get any info from Windows update and after manually trying to get 1909 to upgrade to 2004 with the update assistant, I noticed I had two recovery partitions, one at the beginning and one at the end of the OS drive. I've had this drive since 2016 and I'm wondering if early Win10 put the recovery partition in the front because I initially did a clean install on the drive, not a clone. I never did dig far into the logs, it would just silently rollback after the first reboot; I'm assuming that years of feature updates took its toll and threw off the 2004 update.

I think that version 2004 should be dissolved altogether.
Its been too late since the time they mentioned it in the news.
They should focus on the 20H2 update now. It is time they made preparations to bring that update to the people.

It's my first time of 2 days straight use with Win10 (2004). I thought of staying with Win7, but had to install Win10 for various reasons (covid19 related also). Boy, the amount of time wasted to configure this labyrinth of switches and odd things, was AMAZING! I almost went nuts in particular, when i increased fonts to 125%, like i always did in Win7 and suddenly 90% of my programs i was installing, went blurry and i had to "troubleshoot" and choose "high DPI" as solution. Eventually, after hours i found out another setting in Windows, which made things normal without me having to troubleshoot every single program...

Another astonishing thing, was CPU usage. In Win7, i was sitting at 0% idle. In Win10, i was at 16%, going crazy... Eventually, i disabled all live tiles except one, killed all telemetry via 2 antispy programs and now it's behaving more like Win7, but still a bit heavier. The damn thing also downloaded nahimic driver behind my back, although i didn't want it. Using the antispy applications, it was mindboggling seeing how many ways MS has invented to mine your data. Mindboggling.

The other mindbloggling thing was the absence of "my computer" in the start menu. I had to make a new "Explorer" tile to emulate that. I had tried briefly Win10 long ago, but actually trying to make it fully work, was painful. It's not faster than Win7 either. In anything. But now i guess i can live with it... And on the positive side, i will be able to keep updating my hardware. My Canon scanner with no drivers also worked using compatibility mode for Win7...

I also don't understand who had the idea that "Groove music", which is the default music player is somehow nicer than WMP (which exists almost hidden as an app). But at least it works.

I hope in the future to be able to reinstall Win10 faster. Compared to Win7 it took me much, much more time to get everything straight. It's a chaotic layout (i eventually found the hidden control panel too, i wish i knew it before). And much more work to customize things. Web results when i just want to search my PC??? No, thanks! And i am pretty sure i haven't figured out everything yet. But at least now it feels more "normal". Oh and volumouse, one of my favourite programs doesn't work as intended, for God's sake. You need to activate OSD, which doesn't work as well.

Did i mention i almost got crazy to get rid of the "lockscreen" at startup? Why would someone want a lockscreen before the boot screen where you want to type your password is beyond me...

Anyway, it's amazing what people have to put up with and eventually do, only because they have to... And now i include myself to the list... Win7 seems the OS from the future in comparison. On the bright side, i don't need weather gadget anymore.

Now, i guess i just wait and see what will break first, after a windows update.

PS: I had about 75 running processes in Win7, now i have 129 in Win10. No wonder now my CPU is always 1-2%, while win7 it was 0%. And i actually run less applications at startup (but God knows what built in crap is running).

Last edited:
Heh, if you join the MS sheep flock, why try to struggle back? Just bend over and take it.

Heh, if you join the MS sheep flock, why try to struggle back? Just bend over and take it.

I wish i could run Linux full time, but it's not for me... I have windows dependent applications and games that tie me to Windows. I had decided to stick with Win7, but ultimately, because of covid19 i had to run some applications and i have to use Win10... So i bit the bullet...

The funny thing with the Win10 spying, is that not even antispying applicaitons can get everything. I used 2 applications. One had tons of options and still, i discovered thanks to my habbit of using 3rd party firewall, that there were still active telemetry daily tasks, despite the fact that i had also disabled all privacy switches. So i killed these tasks too. Now, the funny thing is that the 2nd antispy application doesn't agree with the 1st one about how to disable telemetry. You disable it through 1, the other says it's active and vice versa. But i finally figured it out too.

Yeah, it's a spyware and adware crap, but since i have to live with it, at least i did my best to "clean" it as much as i could. I unistalled some preistalled apps too. But just when you think it's over, then suddenly you have a never seen process that asks outbound connection too... So far, i had to let outbound:

- System (ntoskernel.exe). Which in Win7 wasn't always necessary to let phone out, but i let it here for now.
- Svchost.exe
- systemsettings.exe (i suspect this has to do with Windows Update, because it appeared just when i clicked the update options in settings).
- Sihclient.exe ("healing"? Really, Microsoft???)
- msmpeng.exe (That's Windows Defender for updating definitions, i knew that from Win7).

And i haven't decided yet on a "mousoconworker.exe" or something (i think it's needed too) and some others that i temporarily blocked.

No wonder people complain about unexpected high CPU usage. Especially if you don't kill every telemetry you see... This thing is still phoning out, imagine if you leave all the telemetry on...

There's also a bunch of anti-telemetry settings available through Group Policy. It's amazing how they have thought of so many ways to spy on you.

P.S.: Before Win10, i was thinking: "Boy, even 6 core CPU is overkill. What do people do with 16 threads or Threadrippers?". Well, right now, i have 148 running processes and Microsoft just answered my question... "Microsoft Windows: Creating demand for the hardware market."

Wine can run nearly any Windows software pretty much perfectly nowadays. And Steam has a huge coverage of games. Most people just think they can't live without windows but it's not true.

Wine can run nearly any Windows software pretty much perfectly nowadays. And Steam has a huge coverage of games. Most people just think they can't live without windows but it's not true.
As much as I like exploring the 'glass half full' perspective on desktop Linux, even if the glass were 99% full it wouldn't be enough. People still need stuff in the 1%, and very, very few are willing to put up with the acrobatics needed to get to 99% in the first place.

And I'm not saying that they can't do it, but that they won't. Ask me how I know.

And that all said -- trying to sell desktop Linux still makes one sound like a used car salesman at a flea market.

I had to plan my install of Win 10 by making a rather large ist of things to do in order, before connecting the machine to the internet. But it's been a pretty smooth process and a stable experience for the most part, still on 1909. The only thing I have had a problem with is going to a 4k HDR TV after having used a 1080p nonHDR since initial install. Finding the scaling options and having to set DPI scaling for individual apps, and getting the nVidia drivers to handshake while disabling HDR (hate HDR), has been a nightmare.

Ah, WINE... I 've heard of this so many years before, had so many hopes. Then i stumbled upon shell comands, as usual... Thanks for the encouragement, but ultimately, i believe there is a good reason of why Linux has still so little user share in desktop.

Expert's opinion:
https://itvision.altervista.org/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

My humble opinion: 20 years ago, i was young, eager and ready to challenge Microsoft's establishment. Oh and with a lot of time on my hands. Back then, they were the same articles: "Is Linux ready for the desktop?". About 10 months later, i decided that "no, not even close". I had tried every distro. More recently, i tried some newer distros and while things have improved, there is also the dreaded "oh, didn't you know there is this and that shell comand?" answer sooner or later. It's like an eternal troubleshooting. For instance, in order to run modded skyrim with FXAA process injector and ENboost and Mod Organizer, i 'd have to jump through hoops in Linux.

Bottom line is this: Intuitive GUI and spying vs unintuite gui and eternal troubleshooting without spying.

I am afraid i will have to pick the former.

People tend to use easy things. They use Android, because they just tap on icons. They don't need to google for the answer, just open their eyes. They don't need to remember shell comands, just their eyes. Here's why Android dominates and LInux after 20 years, still has the same, old articles: "Is Linux ready for the desktop"? Well, if you all you do is music, browsing, films and don't mind the less than crisp fonts, yes! Oh and risk some boot failure where you are asked to input some unknown shell command (happened to me). Otherwise, like you said, bend over and try to mitigate the spying and go Windows.

Well, a few days later,i 'd say that i have everything figured out... Last was the "Play" section of the start menu, where apparently MS had some proposed apps or games, which i clicked and got downloaded without me realizing how... Another lesson i learnt, is that "Cortana is too hard to die". I had disabled it through antispy programs and group policy. But i updated the store apps, it got updated too and now it shows in the task manager's startup entries, although disabled. I swear it wasn't there before. And i can't remove it (just because...). Not even Autoruns "sees" it. But task manager does...

I also found a hack where you can set all network connections by default to metered. This calms down updates and doesn't update app store updates automatically. I wish i had known this before... But for the next time i will format (or maybe, "reset", as i 've read this removes drivers too), it will turn out useful.

Well, it's a schizofrenic OS, divided between desktop and store apps, spying and advertising and eating CPU cycles that Win7 didn't... but at least the worst part of learning it is over... I am pretty sure i 've figured out everything essential to config...

And so i join the flock of the sheep that are under MS' mercy... On the positive side, now i will be able to upgrade my hardware in the future again... Maybe with an 8 core/16T , since i am sure MS will keep finding more and more things for the CPU to do, so that it never idles (sigh).

Ah, WINE... I 've heard of this so many years before, had so many hopes. Then i stumbled upon shell comands, as usual... Thanks for the encouragement, but ultimately, i believe there is a good reason of why Linux has still so little user share in desktop.

Expert's opinion:
https://itvision.altervista.org/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

My humble opinion: 20 years ago, i was young, eager and ready to challenge Microsoft's establishment. Oh and with a lot of time on my hands. Back then, they were the same articles: "Is Linux ready for the desktop?". About 10 months later, i decided that "no, not even close". I had tried every distro. More recently, i tried some newer distros and while things have improved, there is also the dreaded "oh, didn't you know there is this and that shell comand?" answer sooner or later. It's like an eternal troubleshooting. For instance, in order to run modded skyrim with FXAA process injector and ENboost and Mod Organizer, i 'd have to jump through hoops in Linux.

Bottom line is this: Intuitive GUI and spying vs unintuite gui and eternal troubleshooting without spying.

I am afraid i will have to pick the former.

People tend to use easy things. They use Android, because they just tap on icons. They don't need to google for the answer, just open their eyes. They don't need to remember shell comands, just their eyes. Here's why Android dominates and LInux after 20 years, still has the same, old articles: "Is Linux ready for the desktop"? Well, if you all you do is music, browsing, films and don't mind the less than crisp fonts, yes! Oh and risk some boot failure where you are asked to input some unknown shell command (happened to me). Otherwise, like you said, bend over and try to mitigate the spying and go Windows.
From what your link said:
I want to make one thing crystal clear - Windows, in some regards, is even worse than Linux and it has its own share of critical problems. Off the top of my head I want to name the following quite devastating issues with Windows: • Windows rot, • no enforced file system and registry hierarchy (I have yet to find a single serious application which can uninstall itself cleanly and fully), • no true safe mode, • the user as a system administrator (thus viruses/malware - most users don't and won't understand UAC warnings), • no good packaging mechanism (MSI is a fragile abomination), • no system-wide update mechanism (which includes third party software), • Windows is extremely difficult to debug, • Windows boot problems are often fatal and unsolvable unless you reinstall from scratch, • Windows is hardware dependent (especially when running from UEFI), • heavy file system fragmentation on SSD disks, • Windows updates are terribly unreliable and they also waste disk space, etc.

It really seems you haven't used any modern desktop distro for ages. Command line is not needed for daily use at all - but it's very handy for anything advanced.

If games are all you use the computer for, by all means continue to be enslaved by Microsoft. But other people do more productive things than play Skyrim all day. I haven't yet met a person who couldn't live with linux after it's been preconfigured ready for them to use. Command line is your friend, not the enemy you seem to think it is. Using Windows with GUI only just means that you never understand what happens beneath and you're just another surface user. And then when Microsoft decides to delete your audio driver all you can do is grind your teeth and jump in rage lol.

Last edited:
It really seems you haven't used any modern desktop distro for ages. Command line is not needed for daily use at all - but it's very handy for anything advanced.

If games are all you use the computer for, by all means continue to be enslaved by Microsoft. But other people do more productive things than play Skyrim all day. I haven't yet met a person who couldn't live with linux after it's been preconfigured ready for them to use. Command line is your friend, not the enemy you seem to think it is. Using Windows with GUI only just means that you never understand what happens beneath and you're just another surface user. And then when Microsoft decides to delete your audio driver all you can do is grind your teeth and jump in rage lol.

Actually Skyrim is one of my newest games.Imagine that... But since i play few new games and Skyrim is amongst my favorites, it's big thing for me. Yes, my friend, i have seen what you say, 20 years ago, when i was been advised to start with Kanotix. Same things "you get to know your PC, a new world". And 20 years later, Linux has the same usershare... I use software that doesn't exist in Linux too, but i agree that for simple things, Linux is viable. I myself had installed Mandriva Linux to an office PC of a relative that was only using Office and nothing else. He didn't touch anything else and didn't complain about it. Until some new hardware couldn't find drivers.

Yes, i know that if i want to really learn what's under the hood, command line is my friend, but just like i don't want to be a car mechanic to use my car, a fridge mechanic to use a fridge, an electrician to use a light bulb and since that unfortunately, i have other things to do than playing Skyrim all day, i prefer some relaxation in front of the PC, instead of "Join the Ubuntu forum and search/ask", every 10 minutes.

I already blocked Win10 from downloading drivers. I had heard about this dangerous habbit and i have Win10 Pro, so group policy allows for some shields.

If i find time and mood to do real installation of a distro in the future, i will. For instance i know when Mint stopped carrying codecs by default. I had tried the 2 versions. I still have Mint "Rosa" in a CD too, i saw it the other day.

20 years ago, there was only Gnome and KDE and it was confusing enough because i had people telling me "No, you must use Kaffeine, which is for KDE, not the other one which is for Gnome". And i was scratching my head. Now you have 5-6 desktop enviroments? And an ever changing list of "standard" apps, just to confuse more the newcomer... There are no mysteries in this life. Linux is for IT professionists, teenagers that have too much time in their hands and people who are ok with what's in the repositories. I once was in a forum and wanted to install a program. They told me to "compile". I scratched my head. Someone told me what comands to use, didn't work. Typical Linux... Oh and then you have all the cryptical names. "Xorg", "Samba" (when i first saw that, i thought it 'd be a music player), the command that shows cpu attributes or temp (something like cpu sensors, i don't remember). I wanted a simple program for autoshutdown after a certain time (i have 2 for Windows), they told me to use command. The best thing... Of all commands i had learnt for 10 months, i only remember sudo and "apt get install" now. LOLOL!

Humans usually follow the path of least resistance. Even if it has spyware... That's unfortunate, but true. And the thing is, life is short... 20 years later, i know.

There is always the Xbox option if you must play games lol. I admit I use Windows also for games and boot it up once or twice a month on average. I don't trust it for anything else. Not internet surfing and God forbid, internet banking.

There is always the Xbox option if you must play games lol. I admit I use Windows also for games and boot it up once or twice a month on average. I don't trust it for anything else. Not internet surfing and God forbid, internet banking.

Xbox? No, thanks. I can't stand these things and their "game controllers". I only play with keyboard and mouse.

Well, a few days later,i 'd say that i have everything figured out... Last was the "Play" section of the start menu, where apparently MS had some proposed apps or games, which i clicked and got downloaded without me realizing how... Another lesson i learnt, is that "Cortana is too hard to die". I had disabled it through antispy programs and group policy. But i updated the store apps, it got updated too and now it shows in the task manager's startup entries, although disabled. I swear it wasn't there before. And i can't remove it (just because...). Not even Autoruns "sees" it. But task manager does...

I also found a hack where you can set all network connections by default to metered. This calms down updates and doesn't update app store updates automatically. I wish i had known this before... But for the next time i will format (or maybe, "reset", as i 've read this removes drivers too), it will turn out useful.

Well, it's a schizofrenic OS, divided between desktop and store apps, spying and advertising and eating CPU cycles that Win7 didn't... but at least the worst part of learning it is over... I am pretty sure i 've figured out everything essential to config...

And so i join the flock of the sheep that are under MS' mercy... On the positive side, now i will be able to upgrade my hardware in the future again... Maybe with an 8 core/16T , since i am sure MS will keep finding more and more things for the CPU to do, so that it never idles (sigh).
Cortana is inegrated into the search capabilities, so it's never completely gone unless you get rid of search functionality in "add/remove windows features". I personally uninstalled the app store, nothing I have needed is unavailable outside it so far, though the nVidia control panel is not included with the drivers from their site, TechpowerUp has had the versioni that includes it so far. You can disable automatic updates, and exclude driver updates, that was one of the first things I did before going online, you can use GP editor if on Pro. I hated the idea of Win10, and it was not something I wanted to adopt, but after heavily tweaking the install, it has been OK, assuming the telemetry blocks actually work (though I don't care if they have my data, I don't like the idea they can get it).

You can use KB and mouse on an xbox...

Really? I thought they had only those stupid controllers. Ha! What do you know! But then why did i upgrade to Ryzen.... Useful to know for the future though, thanks.

If you want to continue with the relative reliability, DO NOT LOAD the 2004 update! Still has bugs in it!
Too late for many of us ;)

What kind of issues are you having? Other than the upgrade blue screen (I think due to loading my NVMe driver) I haven't had many major issues.

If you want to continue with the relative reliability, DO NOT LOAD the 2004 update! Still has bugs in it!
The only systems that I've had actual trouble on were a) an old (circa-2011?) gaming laptop that isn't actually stable i.e. will blue screen at the desktop, and an XPS13 that hadn't been updated in well over a year, I believe it had 1809 on it, and did the boot-loop thing. The gaming laptop I wiped only to find out the issue is likely hardware related, while a laptop that's at least a year older upgraded just fine.

The XPS13 needed to be upgraded using a different account, and eventually went through.

Otherwise... have three desktops and a newer ASUS laptop running on it just fine.

Cortana is inegrated into the search capabilities, so it's never completely gone unless you get rid of search functionality in "add/remove windows features". I personally uninstalled the app store, nothing I have needed is unavailable outside it so far, though the nVidia control panel is not included with the drivers from their site, TechpowerUp has had the versioni that includes it so far. You can disable automatic updates, and exclude driver updates, that was one of the first things I did before going online, you can use GP editor if on Pro. I hated the idea of Win10, and it was not something I wanted to adopt, but after heavily tweaking the install, it has been OK, assuming the telemetry blocks actually work (though I don't care if they have my data, I don't like the idea they can get it).

Oh,i see... But i swear, when i first installed Win10 and had Cortana disabled, it wasn't showing in the task manager's startup list (even as disabled). After some Win updates, it does. Anyway, i can live with it, since i disabled it. Ah, i didn't know you can uninstall the store, although i did find a few privacy programs that allow you to uninstall the preinstalled apps. I let it live for now, although i don't see me using it. I have already excluded driver updates (this thing drives me mad) and i 've put Win updates to wait 7 days.

Yeah, i prefer Win7 (i had half the running processes, for God's sake!) and now with Win10 i have this obnoxious bug that, Windows automatically adds US keyboard layout on my language bar. Googling, i found out that this problem exists since ages and MS simply doesn't fix it. I 've tried various methods, none worked permanently, now i am trying a combination of a temporary solution and a registry hack. Time will tell... Usually the US keyboard reappears every few days... They 've put a "store" in the OS, but they can't even fix this!!! Way to go M$!

Anyway, i am getting used to Win10 by now... But Win7 was better.

Heh, if Windows adds a US keyboard to your system I would suspect that someone else is remotely accessing your computer and using the US keyboard...

Heh, if Windows adds a US keyboard to your system I would suspect that someone else is remotely accessing your computer and using the US keyboard...

No... My Win10 installation is too new to be already hacked, i already have disabled all remote desktop related services, i run outbound firewall too and 3rd party antivirus with several scanning engines and HIPS (SecureAPlus Pro) and most importantly, it's an issue known for years... That M$ doesn't fix. There are even M$ representatives in their forums that can't fix it permanently.

Go go google and search for "windows keeps adding US layout" and you will see... This happens when you already have 2 languages in the language bar and probably English as default language for system and apps. Windows 10, being "too smart", at some point decides that you NEED, also EN-US keyboard layout.

Many of the proposed solutions prior to 2004 don't even work (some things changed). Even the powershell solution won't work permanently. It keeps coming. Now i am trying a registry hack, where you rename the registry key that activates the EN-US keyboard, which hopefully will make Win10 nuts trying to find a keyboard that doesn't exist anymore, so it won't add it.

Needless to say, i didn't have these problems with Win7...

Last edited:
No... My Win10 installation is too new to be already hacked, i already have disabled all remote desktop related services, i run outbound firewall too and 3rd party antivirus with several scanning engines and HIPS (SecureAPlus Pro) and most importantly, it's an issue known for years... That M$ doesn't fix. There are even M$ representatives in their forums that can't fix it permanently.

Go go google and search for "windows keeps adding US layout" and you will see... This happens when you already have 2 languages in the language bar and probably English as default language for system and apps. Windows 10, being "too smart", at some point decides that you NEED, also EN-US keyboard layout.

Many of the proposed solutions prior to 2004 don't even work (some things changed). Even the powershell solution won't work permanently. It keeps coming. Now i am trying a registry hack, where you rename the registry key that activates the EN-US keyboard, which hopefully will make Win10 nuts trying to find a keyboard that doesn't exist anymore, so it won't add it.

Needless to say, i didn't have these problems with Win7...

If it can be ignored, that is no big deal. However, if it adds and then switchs to it, that is a significant deal.

If it can be ignored, that is no big deal. However, if it adds and then switchs to it, that is a significant deal.

It can be ignored with a bit of cursing and bitching every time you try to change language... It's extremely annoying... That's why there are so many people asking help about this in google. Normally, if you have 2 languages in the language bar, you swap between them, pressing ALT-SHIFT. But once Win10 decides that you "need" En-US, when you press the 2 keys, instead of passing to the language you THINK you should pass to, you pass to En-US and you don't realize it until you type something wrong or put some wrong password (because symbols or special letters aren't in the US keyboard where you think they are). And then you need to press the 2 keys again, only now you don't even remember which language is the one you should pass to...

Anyway, about 24h after the registry hack, things are normal. I hope it stays this way.

Last edited:
I guess it's part of the new MS doctrine of taking over your machine: "Windows knows better. You need US keyboard, admit it! Stop removing it!" o_O

Good grief! I used 2 programs (O&O Shut Up10 and Win10 Privacy something) + disabled all telemetry tasks + group policy to disable anything that seemed telemetry based. And after all that, afer many days from the installation, i get from the firewall, request for outbound connection for : devicecensus.exe. I blocked it by instinct (judging the name alone) and then found it in google:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/device-census-using-webcam-telemetry-kaspersky-warning/

These people, are incredible, to the lengths they 've gone to spy on you.

Version 2004 went live a little while ago.

Grab the ISO here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
I have several computers, and was struggling to update. The update just can not seem to perform well. Versions 1803, was going out of service soon, and just would not update. Versions 1903 updated to 2004, but still a few problems.
I got my install disk of July 2020 version 2004, and re installed a fresh operating system after formatting. I put back my software programs and logged into the software website to find my key codes. NCH software, has to be on a CD or DVD with the old version only good for the key code. Make sure you do that, or you have to pay again.

What good PEP I now have with my computers with a fresh install. No delay at all. This does the trick. Microsoft Windows
version 2004, has a, Browser Control & App, section now to configure. That is new.

It really does the trick to just not update, but start out new. Windows refers to this as "resetting" using the same program, but why not download the newest .ISO WindowsTool.iso and just burn a DVD, .iso boot disk to re install. They allow us to just download it, and put our old license Key code in to the new one.

KB4571756 (Build 19041.508) Is Out for Windows 10 May 2020 Update (v2004)

1599587923193.png

No windows updates for my computer(s). And it feels SO good.

Actually recently Windows has been reaching me even 'beyond the grave' i.e. when I launch the Windows virtual machine, it kills my Mac audio. Even more reasons to never run Windows. Ever.

and?

No windows updates for my computer(s). And it feels SO good.

Actually recently Windows has been reaching me even 'beyond the grave' i.e. when I launch the Windows virtual machine, it kills my Mac audio. Even more reasons to never run Windows. Ever.
thanks for letting us know, again and again and again and again and again...
thats your mac not allowing access to the hardware, same as the bluetooth problems.

Back