Windows 10 fails to boot if my raid 0 "Storage" drives show failure during boot

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
How or why does something going on with my storage drives make windows shit a brick? Is that the way its supposed to work? I ordered an 8 TB 256mb cache to replace my ageing 2TB raid area so i can just get away from raid for the time being....IS it possible that my MBs raid feature is starting to malfunction or what is it just bad drives or bad cables. I figure ill just do a new clean install in AHCI mode soon after i back up any needed data from the raid storage array.

Whos dealt with this before? I always figured if raid had an issue it would only mess up the drives that are actually striped.

Is it possible somehow your boot loader was on the RAID 0 volume? Maybe you had Windows installed on it once then moved it to a different drive?

I bet the MBR is on the raid array, Windows is so annoying when it does that.
This is kind of what i wondered....lord i cant ever remember win versions prior to 10 doing this....I COULD SWEAR I UNHOOKED ALL OTHER DRIVES TO PREVENT THIS VERY POSSIBILITY....last time i fresh installed 3 months ago? Any ideas on the actual raid failure? drives or board at fault? OR am i forgetting anything? The hole boot loader idea i possible as well. (the shit we do when were half asleep i guess)

This is kind of what i wondered....lord i cant ever remember win versions prior to 10 doing this....I COULD SWEAR I UNHOOKED ALL OTHER DRIVES TO PREVENT THIS VERY POSSIBILITY....last time i fresh installed 3 months ago? Any ideas on the actual raid failure? drives or board at fault? OR am i forgetting anything? The hole boot loader idea i possible as well. (the shit we do when were half asleep i guess)

I've disconnected all drives except the OS drive upon installing Windows and I swear later on down the track Windows shifted the MBR to another storage drive. It just has a mind of it's own.

Edit: In relation to your array, it's hard to comment without more information on the actual fault.

Using the fake raid controller in raid 0 on the mobo is about the worst thing you can do if you like your data.

Using the fake raid controller in raid 0 on the mobo is about the worst thing you can do if you like your data.
what exactly is fake about it lol.....i got at least 8 full 100% trouble free years from build date....doesnt matter now since raid is kinda a moot point for desktops with ssd's....i just had no reason to retire it. (until now!) from this point forward your advice makes sense ill give you that

Back