Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB Edition is a winner for power users

Not trying to bump a older thread, but where are people getting their legitimate Windows 10 LTSC keys from? I saw that newegg sells an upgrade license, but I'm not sure if those will work for a new installation.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB or LTSC is not better than Windows 10 Pro 1809. I don't care what anyone says.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB or LTSC is not better than Windows 10 Pro 1809. I don't care what anyone says.

tenor.gif

No, because they are actually worse than standard PRO.

I've been on the LTSB and it had tons of compatibility issues with games and applications. I don't think they're a solution for the home user / gamer. I'd rather go back to Win7 than try LTSB again.

No, because they are actually worse than standard PRO.

I've been on the LTSB and it had tons of compatibility issues with games and applications. I don't think they're a solution for the home user / gamer. I'd rather go back to Win7 than try LTSB again.
Every single game I install works flawlessly on LTSB. Unless you're trying to use the Windows Store (which you shouldnt anyway it doesn't use it and that's the point of LTSB) there shouldn't be an issue. Every application I use for home works great on it too.

Every single game I install works flawlessly on LTSB. Unless you're trying to use the Windows Store (which you shouldnt anyway it doesn't use it and that's the point of LTSB) there shouldn't be an issue. Every application I use for home works great on it too.
Well, that's all and good, they didn't work flawlessly for me, I've had so many issues with 10 LTSB that it was only comparable to the time when I installed Wndows 2000 beta back in 99.

I couldn't go to the windows store if I wanted to.and I'm running PRO. Same goes for cortana, both are eviscerated beyond repair, the only way I could get back either is by doing a fresh install.

Well, that's all and good, they didn't work flawlessly for me, I've had so many issues with 10 LTSB that it was only comparable to the time when I installed Wndows 2000 beta back in 99.

I couldn't go to the windows store if I wanted to.and I'm running PRO. Same goes for cortana, both are eviscerated beyond repair, the only way I could get back either is by doing a fresh install.
User error?
What specifically doesn't work?

User error?
What specifically doesn't work?
You must be doing it wrong! I'm sick of that excuse.

No I Don't remember what were the exact software that had problems. It was over 2 years ago. I don't remember what apps I used 2 months ago. Clearly if it worked well I wouldn't have switched to the regular PRO version. Plus if it was an user error, then I'd have the exact same problems regardless of the windows version wouldn't I? Or you know of some special procedure that is necessary for apps to work under LTSB W10? I don't think so.

No I Don't remember what were the exact software that had problems. It was over 2 years ago. I don't remember what apps I used 2 months ago. Clearly if it worked well I wouldn't have switched to the regular PRO version. Plus if it was an user error, then I'd have the exact same problems regardless of the windows version wouldn't I? Or you know of some special procedure that is necessary for apps to work under LTSB W10? I don't think so.
Sometimes its the only one. :)

Sometimes its the only one. :)

I didn’t have a great experience with it either. I had compatibility issues with some Logitech drivers and my Drobo’s software. I had issues with a game called Squad that I play where the in game voip just didn’t work. I had some other random issues with software not working with the current version (1709 right now I think).

I wanted it to work for me really bad. It was a good compromise between 7 and 10 for me. I just couldn’t work around some of the compatibility stuff. I’m bouncing between 10, 7, and a few Linux distros to see what’s going to end up working best for me.

Doesn't stop it from being a legitimate reason.

I've been running on the 2015 LTSB (accidentally specified the wrong ISO during install) for about 14 months.

I've had three minor issues.

1. NVSurround (which is essentially a broken legacy feature anyhow)
  2. Trillian randomly crashing
  3. TeamViewer randomly crashing

While it COULD be a compat issue with my version of Windows, it could also simply be flaky behavior in those apps too.
In the end, none of them are serious enough to warrant migrating to a new install of Pro or LTSB 2016.

HOWEVER, when LTSB 2019 comes out, I will (probably) wind up upgrading (probably not RIGHT AWAY), as the 2015 version will start aging out...

Trillian randomly crashing

Trillian? Seriously? My god man, get with the times and use something better - just for the record, it's always been a rather crash-happy app over the years, from what I've been told. :D

When I did some test installs with LTSB (the trial version), the only thing that didn't work for me was of course the Windows Store but I was able to install that - and Edge, actually - and it worked without any issues at all.

Whenever I see people say there's some crippling difference between Windows desktop and server OS versions with respect to application/program support, I can't ever seem to replicate the issues those people have - shit just works, 'yo, can't say much more than that.

Current LTSC (it's no longer LTSB) is 1809, previous was 1607. So you're probably not likely to see another one until 2020.

LTSC 2019 *IS* out. Awesome!

5 minutes later.

Slurped down! Ready whenever I am...

i just installed the latest LTSC on a gaming pc yesterday, and OMG, was i impressed. ZERO ZERO BLOAT, NO UNISTALLING MULTI BULLSHIT, and everything and i mean everything.... JUST WORKS
It's helpful they actually released an LTSC that matches the latest 10 version. In the past they were released like 1-2 builds behind and of course a lot of software is now requiring a newer build, so LTSC was falling out of compatibility due to the long release cycle.

LTSB was sorta special and despite what some say, I found it to be the most stable Windows 10 to date, it’s just 1607 without the bloat and telemetry stuff. MS learned, and LTSC has too much crap in it, basically it’s all about support for longer on the old channel. Might as well stick to the current release of pro. IMO.

I doubt 2021 LTSC is any better. 21h2 however seems pretty solid.

MacOS Monterey is also pretty great (compared to BigSur) but that might give away where I have been for the last 10+ years. Macs and Consoles, no more troubleshooting crap, just works l lmao.

Last edited:
This is the Only Windows 10 Version Ill Actually Use! Thanks for the Update!

I’m not 100% on this, but I think LTSC is just the normal OS than doesn’t get features updates btw. Maybe a few windows apps missing that were easy to remove anyways. People too worked up about trash on the start menu you can remove very quickly. It’s Not like LTSB was, LTSB was great. LTSC still has telemetry and all the other crap. So running LTSC is serving you no pourpose, unless you won’t want to deal with feature updates for some reason? Fwiw, 21h2 is solid. Much better than the past versions IMO. They are getting better.

I use it at work on my desktop and most user workstations. LTSC 2021 is finally up to match Windows 10 21H2 which is nice.

Is anyone using WSL2 on Windows 10 LTSC? I keep hearing about Windows 10 LTSC 2022 will support it, but don't find specific information on what the is unless it is 21H2. There versioning is a mess.

Back