Windows 10 Creator Update requirements?

Morlock

Limp Gawd
I have a stupid craptop with a stupid 32gb hard drive that's never had enough stupid free space for the stupid Anniversary update, so I never installed it. I'm downloading the stupid thing now, after jumping through a bunch of stupid hoops to get stupid Microsoft to actually deliver the stupid ISO they stupidly keep bugging me to install, but wrote stupidly so I can't.

I ran several searches to find out if the stupid Creators update supersedes the stupid Anniversary update, or requires the stupid Anniversary update, or what, but got nothin.

Should I be downloading the stupid Creators update, or do I have to install the stupid Anniversary update first?

just get redstone 4 (1803) when its ready......seems like its rtm already and shouldn't have to wait long

I have always just used this.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

"UPDATE: When you use the latest copy of the Media Creation Tool or Microsoft Techbench (linked in this article), it will download Windows 10 build 15063.0. Users have the choice of selecting Home, Pro or both, 32 and 64 bit architectures or both. "

From a comment (which I confirmed works like a charm)

You are on Windows, using Chrome and you do not want to use the tool... You can do this by changing the user agent in your browser... Here is how?

- Go to the download page ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 )

- Click F12

- Click on icon "Customize and control DevTools" (In my case it is an icon with 3 dots below eachother)

- Choose menu item "More tools"

- Choose menu item "Network conditions"

- In one of the windows you will have a new tab "Network conditions". Scroll down to "User agent"

- Uncheck "Select automatically"

- In the dropdown where "custom..." is selected. Now choose "Chrome -- Android Mobile" (or another non Windows browser)

- Press F5 to refresh your screen. You now have the possibility to download the iso.

Here is more information on the windows 10 install.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...so-files/35cde7ec-5b6f-481c-a02d-dadf465df326

I think that's what I did, pretty much. I used Firefox and a user agent switcher set to Linux and I forget which browser. Not sure if Microsoft maintain both the old Anniversary Update Media Creation Tool and the Creators Update version, or if they've replaced the former with the latter. If it's the second case, then I'm probably installing the Creators Update right now (it's a slow process, because it's at my nephew's house and I have to call in for each stupid "the choice for this should have been front-loaded" step that Microsoft disperses throughout installation.

just get redstone 4 (1803) when its ready......seems like its rtm already and shouldn't have to wait long
Because I'm going to have to do this all over again soon, or because 1803 will be somehow easier to implement on my craptop?

Because I'm going to have to do this all over again soon, or because 1803 will be somehow easier to implement on my craptop?
exactly.....it will have to update to 1803 very soon anyway.....do it now or later...when i say now it could be about a week or how ever long they wait to force the update on the planet

Prime, you sold me on the idea, but I'm in the middle of the upgrade. I don't know if it's too late to back out, or what. I just got off the phone with my nephew, he says it's hit this stage for the second time: "it looks like you are trying to upgrade, if you are upgrading, remove your media and click yes, if you want to do a clean install, click no." I was worried that it's caught in a loop, but he just texted me to say after he removed the thumb drive and clicked "yes," it started at 30%, so I'm going to let it ride for a bit.

If I had a 2nd wifi adapter I'd just bring it home and do the upgrade here, but I don't want to wait xxx hours without internet for W10 to finish fapping.

when a major update is released (Fall Creator's Update, Anniversary Update etc), isn't the iso that MS makes available the latest build?

when a major update is released (Fall Creator's Update, Anniversary Update etc), isn't the iso that MS makes available the latest build?
usually yes..right now no....also that download link tool I gave actually downloads direct from Microsoft which is cool in it self but as anyone can see the new iso is still not there just yet.

Last edited:
It's finally done. WinVer says it's 1709 which a quick search says is the Creators Update. Thx for the help guys. May be back here for 1803, lol.

Query said it's already in the compact state. :(
makes ya wonder if windows was smart enough to install in a compact state? lol

BTW it looks like 1803 goes live May 8th.....So we all get to update again soon. (not sure if ill bother with a clean install if the upgrade goes smooth)

Last edited:
Yeah I'd almost be interested to know if it was in compact state before I updated. My wild guess is it came installed that way, and the update followed suit. I don't think I suddenly gained a couple gbs extra free space. Right now I only have the 3 so you'd think I'd notice. :)

and here comes 1803 already thru windows update. (guess ill update my flash drive iso when i get around to it)

Back