Windows 10: Black Screen Of Death

If they had the problem for 2 years they haven't really put forth the effort in figuring out what the actual problem is. It can be difficult if you don't have a full set of spares, which is why most don't bother, they just pick a part and RMA it.
I've read where some have RMAed hardware and the problem persist. I've ran Furmark, Burnin Test, Prime95, Memtest86, Cinebench, CheckDsk and none report any errors. That leads me to believe it is some sort of a driver conflict. I'll swap the card and see what happens, u less the fan or something is wrong with it. Or, I might just wait until I get my 3060ti.

I've read where some have RMAed hardware and the problem persist. I've ran Furmark, Burnin Test, Prime95, Memtest86, Cinebench, CheckDsk and none report any errors. That leads me to believe it is some sort of a driver conflict. I'll swap the card and see what happens, u less the fan or something is wrong with it. Or, I might just wait until I get my 3060ti.
It could be a driver conflict but if your screen goes black and you've DDU'd/changed drivers it still leads me to believe the GPU is likely at fault.

It could be a driver conflict but if your screen goes black and you've DDU'd/changed drivers it still leads me to believe the GPU is likely at fault.
I'm not ruling anything out at this point, but driver conflicts can cause other system drivers to fail too. I'd love to update my 2012 AMD 7950 to the new 3060ti, but prices are just too insulting.

Last edited:
Does it happen in Safe Mode? If you think it's a driver issue.
No. It's so random I'd have to leave my rig in Safe mode for hours, or even days.

For instance, I just disabled some services that I think 'could' be causing the issue:
RunSWUSB
Macrium Reflect (Scheduling)
Alljoyn Router Service

I don't remember the RunSWUSB services before I had problems. After updating drivers, I got that service. The SW services is a Reltek deal. And, I don't need it.

Alljoyn Router Service has been in MS dump for years now, but I don't need it either.

So far so good. However, after updating to Win 11, it was stable for almost two days.

It seems more and more programs are loading themselves into services and there is no in program option to shut those type s of things down. Since services can call drivers, if they activate, then can crash a system. It's jsut one more shit type system Windows and Windows programs have become.

Still trying to purchase a 3060ti for less than $700.00.

I'm going to fresh install Win 11 anyway. It's been almost 3 years since I fresh installed. One thing that has gotten better with Windows over time is its ability to function after even years of running. I remember back in the Win95 to XP days, and even with XP, you'd be lucky to get a year on a load, if you were loading and unloading programs and generally fucking with the platform (especially with games).

Anyway, time to fresh install, and rule out any of that bullshit.

No. It's so random I'd have to leave my rig in Safe mode for hours, or even days.

For instance, I just disabled some services that I think 'could' be causing the issue:
RunSWUSB
Alljoyn Router Service

I don't remember the RunSWUSB services before I had problems. After updating drivers, I got that service. The SW services is a Reltek deal. And, I don't need it.

Alljoyn Router Service has been in MS dump for years now, but I don't need it either.

So far so good. However, after updating to Win 11, it was stable for almost two days.

It seems more and more programs are loading themselves into services and there is no in program option to shut those type s of things down. Since services can call drivers, if they activate, then can crash a system. It's jsut one more shit type system Windows and Windows programs have become.

Still trying to purchase a 3060ti for less than $700.00.

I'm going to fresh install Win 11 anyway. It's been almost 3 years since I fresh installed. One thing that has gotten better with Windows over time is its ability to function after even years of running. I remember back in the Win95 to XP days, and even with XP, you'd be lucky to get a year on a load, if you were loading and unloading programs and generally fucking with the platform (especially with games).

Anyway, time to fresh install, and rule out any of that bullshit.
At this point I say go for it. You can try W11 and W10 to rule out any potential issues with 11.

The

runSW.exe​

Was in the Windows directory with no other file associations named. It shows it is some sort of USB WiFi assistant or something. Supposedly, it's a Realtek thing. I just deleted it. It's a USB "switching" type program, so it may be related to the USB lock up, and this no keyboard or mouse input. I have now deleted the file.

As far as Win 11, it's not a Win 11 thing. This has been persistent on my Win 10 install before I upgraded to Win 11 using the "update" option in Windows update.

The

runSW.exe​

Was in the Windows directory with no other file associations named. It shows it is some sort of USB WiFi assistant or something. Supposedly, it's a Realtek thing. I just deleted it. It's a USB "switching" type program, so it may be related to the USB lock up, and this no keyboard or mouse input. I have now deleted the file.

As far as Win 11, it's not a Win 11 thing. This has been persistent on my Win 10 install before I upgraded to Win 11 using the "update" option in Windows update.
That sounds likely. Some usb devices show up as a storage device at first, so you can install drivers or read documentation when it's initially inserted. After installation, the device is switched from storage mode to "device" mode. Needless to say, this can be buggy or broken depending on what other devices and drivers you have.

RunSWUSB
Alljoyn Router Service
Well, it's been 4 days at roughly 18 hours uptime per day, and not one, single crash.

I actually deleted the RunSWUSB associated exe file, as there were no other dependencies or entries in any directories or registry. Then I removed the service using a command prompt. It is a Realtek USB driver, and I have an Intel USB bus, so I didn't need it anyway.

I doubt Macrium was causing any problems, but wince I don't need scheduling, i left it disabled in services.

The Alijoyn service and files are integrated throughout Windows like rots, but since I don;t need it, I left the service disabled.

So far, solid as solid can get. I have a feeling where the RunSWUSB file and service entry came from, but cannot be sure. Anyway, it's gone and all seems, so far, stable.

I'll wait a while longer and add SOLVED to this one. Hopefully in pertains to someone else who ahs this GD buggy software in their system. What a royal pain in my colon.

Last edited:
Back