Win security app doing some annoying things

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
When was last time windows antivirus caused issues in modern games like cyberpunk? Dang thing wants to block qbittorrenet from working as well. I really cant remember the last time i had to disable AV just for a game to work correctly.

False positives happen all the time but in the case of the torrent program, you're probably running a backdoored infected version. If that's where you got the game from also, wonder no longer lol.

Bought a key for their Galaxy store for 28 bucks after unistalling but keeping saves. Well see what if any differance it makes to the folder i had/have.
so where did you get the first copy? windows defender wont block a legit game, you maybe get prompted for firewall access though. qbittorrenet is considered a PUP, utorrent is too...

so where did you get the first copy? windows defender wont block a legit game, you maybe get prompted for firewall access though. qbittorrenet is considered a PUP, utorrent is too...
Capture.JPG

So is afterburner and rtss being called pup these days as well? or this somthing different?

thats something different. read it, "admin blocked access to user\pictures". thats not blocking the app but blocking the apps access to a protected folder, probably needs access for screen shots.
yes and thats why to me defender is acting annoying. Not to mention blocking certain open source programs as PUP goes beyond annoying

yes and thats why to me defender is acting annoying. Not to mention blocking certain open source programs as PUP goes beyond annoying
i dont think you understand what is happening, so add the program to your allowed list and call it a day. not much more i can say...

Yeah, that's a safety/security feature, and one Windows (and Linux) should have had a long time ago, imho. Programs run under my account shouldn't have access to everything in my account folder by default. Setting folder access for "photoshop" to "%homedir%\Photos" isn't (or shouldn't be) hard.

As the dialog says, "You can allow apps...but only allow apps you trust". If you got that gog exe from a trusted source (and verified it hasn't been modified, if you care that much), then go ahead and allow it.

already been answered here as unlikely to have been official GOG web site. It had GOG in the name of the address and was extremely late. Most of time in past defender would warn of detected exe cracks but of course this game has no need in any case. what ever the case its running problem free with galaxy store.

already been answered here as unlikely to have been official GOG web site. It had GOG in the name of the address and was extremely late. Most of time in past defender would warn of detected exe cracks but of course this game has no need in any case. what ever the case its running problem free with galaxy store.
was it that scam gog-games site? good that it working and glad you got nobu's point...

thats something different. read it, "admin blocked access to user\pictures". thats not blocking the app but blocking the apps access to a protected folder, probably needs access for screen shots.
I like that Windows now admits openly that the users are not the admin of their computer lol.

It appears Windows now truly acts like a mobile operating system and blocks attempts to access the camera, microphone and personal folders!

Bring back the old days.

It appears Windows now truly acts like a mobile operating system and blocks attempts to access the camera, microphone and personal folders!

Bring back the old days.
You have to turn ransomeware mode on, it's off by default. It's very aggressive.

You have to turn ransomeware mode on, it's off by default. It's very aggressive.
It seems that windows users can't turn ransomware mode on without being the victims of Microsoft holding them ransom lol. Only this time the cost is having to learn a little about your computer to be paid out.

It seems that windows users can't turn ransomware mode on without being the victims of Microsoft holding them ransom lol. Only this time the cost is having to learn a little about your computer to be paid out.
It's not something you would accidentally turn on, though.

It's not something you would accidentally turn on, though.
The point is that it should always be on but users should also understand even the basics about how their computers work. Like not running as the administrator :D

apple blocks access to folders too. so the same there right?
Kind of, it directs the user to do the correct procedures when a block happens. On linux you pretty much need to know what you're doing. Which is a good thing.

Kind of, it directs the user to do the correct procedures when a block happens. On linux you pretty much need to know what you're doing. Which is a good thing.
so does windows and i said apple, not linux... :rolleyes:

Nor Apple or linux tell the user that 'your adminitrator has blocked your access' :D
does it matter if it doesnt mention "admin" when it still blocks and prompts like windows?
ps: try and refrain from bring linux into every thread. :rolleyes:

does it matter if it doesnt mention "admin" when it still blocks and prompts like windows?
ps: try and refrain from bring linux into every thread. :rolleyes:
Ps: Try and refrain from having a knee jerk reaction every time someone mentions linux. So is it ok to speak about OSX but not linux? If so, why?

Ps: Try and refrain from having a knee jerk reaction every time someone mentions linux. So is it ok to speak about OSX but not linux? If so, why?
its you os of choice yet you constantly yap about linux for no reason. point is, they all do it, ms just words it differently so you went reeeeeeeeeeee

its you os of choice yet you constantly yap about linux for no reason. point is, they all do it, ms just words it differently so you went reeeeeeeeeeee
The subject of discussion applies to all modern OSes so quit whining.

Back