Win 11 Optane drive problems

jardows

2[H]4U
I'm working on an HP computer that has an Intel H10 Optane drive. It got updated to Windows 11, but the Intel RST driver apparently wasn't updated, and the version from HP for this computer isn't compatible with anything newer than Win 10 1909. Because the RST driver is required for the OS to load, the system is going into troubleshooting mode. I can't seem to figure out how to load up the newer drivers from Intel in the recovery mode command prompt, since the main Windows partition is unable to be loaded.

I'm trying to not wipe the drive, as I have been unable to access the customer's data for a backup. Any help would be appreciated.

So you upgraded the os without backing up the data? Why were you not able to access the data but were able to update to W11? I ask because I’m wondering if there is another restriction?

So you upgraded the os without backing up the data? Why were you not able to access the data but were able to update to W11? I ask because I’m wondering if there is another restriction?
I'm working on the computer after the fact. Not my computer, it was given to me this way for repair. Just trying to see if there is any way I can recover the data for the customer, since the single drive is setup in a RAID system (Optane+SSD on one board) which cannot be read without the proper drivers and BIOS setup.

Pull the Optane Drive and the SSD, stick a spare drive in there and do a fresh install of Windows 10 or 11. Then stick the Optane Drive and SSD back in there as a secondary drive and copy the data off.

Pull the Optane Drive and the SSD, stick a spare drive in there and do a fresh install of Windows 10 or 11. Then stick the Optane Drive and SSD back in there as a secondary drive and copy the data off.
Unfortunately, the laptop has only one drive connection available.

USB NVMe caddy. About $25 now. I have the Yottamaster one and its great.

Back