Win 11 L3 AIDA64

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
So my sabrent nvme died and i had to do a reinstall of windows. yeah, i went windows 11. just got around to running aida64 on my system. same bios settings as windows 10 and these are the results. anyone have a windows 10 5950x to run this?
cachemem.png

So my sabrent nvme died and i had to do a reinstall of windows. yeah, i went windows 11. just got around to running aida64 on my system. same bios settings as windows 10 and these are the results. anyone have a windows 10 5950x to run this?View attachment 402801
Yikes, that can't be right. Sadly I never bough the new version of AIDA64, my old one does not see the 5950x properly, so this will have to do until someone else jumps on here for you! lol

Note: This is Windows 10 64-Bit as requested.

1634154461443.png

Last edited:
youre l3 numbers are waaaaay better than mine. i wonder what your l3 latency is?

youre l3 numbers are waaaaay better than mine. i wonder what your l3 latency is?
Well, your L3 numbers shown in this thread are not even half of what my 5960x Haswell-e gets. I think something is horribly wrong with either your setup, or Windows 11 does not play nice with AIDA64 at the moment.

Wish i could tell you on the L3 latency; but I need to buy another copy of ADIA64 to see it and have not gotten around to it yet... lol

as mentioned in all the other win11 threads that this has been brought up in, its been a known issues for a while and they are working on a fix, its supposed to be out next week. the os is less than two weeks old, stop freakin out, people....

Have you tried another benchmark?
That's a huge difference.
What about DPC latency?
I was thinking of trying 11 on one of my 5950X boxes to see what the fuss is.
I do have some applications that are latency sensitive and if this is real then that's a big no no for me.

This is mine with a 5800X and win 11. My version of Aida64 is very old

Attachments

• aida64.jpg
    aida64.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
I updated to the 22000.282 build from the insider channel and it restored my L3 cache performance (5900X), but at least in my case it also introduced new behavior where my game will pause/freeze for like 3 seconds maybe once or twice per hour. I'm curious what others who have updated to 22000.282 are experiencing? I know that the 22000.282 build fixed the L3 cache issue but I believe the core selection bug isn't going to be fixed until AMD releases new drivers, which I don't believe has happened yet. I'm not sure if that is why i'm still experiencing odd behavior with 22000.282. I'm debating waiting for the new AMD drivers or reverting to 22000.258, as the relatively small performance loss from the L3 cache issue was not nearly as disruptive to gaming as the occasional pausing.

22000.282 Build through Insider Release Preview channel. Not a 5950x, however. Definitely much better.

unknown.png

I updated to the 22000.282 build from the insider channel and it restored my L3 cache performance (5900X), but at least in my case it also introduced new behavior where my game will pause/freeze for like 3 seconds maybe once or twice per hour. I'm curious what others who have updated to 22000.282 are experiencing? I know that the 22000.282 build fixed the L3 cache issue but I believe the core selection bug isn't going to be fixed until AMD releases new drivers, which I don't believe has happened yet. I'm not sure if that is why i'm still experiencing odd behavior with 22000.282. I'm debating waiting for the new AMD drivers or reverting to 22000.258, as the relatively small performance loss from the L3 cache issue was not nearly as disruptive to gaming as the occasional pausing.

Weird. I haven't experienced anything strange and I've been playing New World for.. gosh 10 hours so far since I did the 282 update.

Last edited:
Yay, got the new AIDA64 version and can see all my numbers again... lol. Kind of has me in the mood to OC more now! 💪

cachemem_5950x_3740_6_CstatesOFF.png

Yay, got the new AIDA64 version and can see all my numbers again... lol. Kind of has me in the mood to OC more now! 💪

View attachment 404898
Win 10 or 11?

Edit
I saw above you’re on win 10. I know your ram is faster with tighter timings, but your l3 speeds are why better than mine. Makes me wonder if it’s a win 11 thing or I have something set wrong.

Last edited:
Win 10 or 11?

Edit
I saw above you’re on win 10. I know your ram is faster with tighter timings, but your l3 speeds are why better than mine. Makes me wonder if it’s a win 11 thing or I have something set wrong.
Unless you are in the test program for Windows 11, I do not think the "official" patch is out yet. For an apples-to-apples comparison, you would have to use Windows 10, but clearly Windows 11 is borked right now, as even admitted by AMD itself.

Last edited:
I've been going over current Win 11 patch results (3rd party, not my own); a lot of people are claiming L3 cache is fixed, but it's clear that latency is still off (avg seems to be 1ns delay in Aida64).

I need to find my 970 evo so I can reinstall win 10. I hope to get this done tonight.

Before and after updates, Microsoft and AMD chipset drivers

Before: BeforeUpdates.png After: AfterUpdates.png

cachemem9.png
cachemem10.png

these are back to back runs. im not sure if its a bug in aida or something else.

these are back to back runs. im not sure if its a bug in aida or something else.
Maybe it's a Windows 11 thing? Here are my Back-to-Back runs on Windows 10... same CPU as you... I always expect SOME variations, especially with the L3 cache, but not what wild swings you are seeing. Also using the latest version of AIDA64.

cachemem_5950x_3740_8_CstatesOFF.png
cachemem_5950x_3740_7_CstatesOFF.png

latency on windows 11 still aint fixed i see wierd stuff also vs windows 10 but does not bother me really games seem to run good and os responds really fast everything opens in a snap and boots up faster then my 10 did.

I rolled back to Windows 10. I don’t think latency is properly fixed. Will try again in a couple of months.

Back