Wifi stops working on old laptop.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. I have router TP LINK plugged to wall. Internet cable from router going to pc. Internet working. I also have wireless internet ( WIFI ) in laptop. All was working fine till yesterday. Laptop stops recognizing wifi and i dont have internet. It happened yesterday when internet stops working. I reinstalled Windows 10 2 times but nothing helped. Is this possible that wifi on laptop broken? It suddenly stops seeing WIFI in laptop. I tried unplugging router and plugging again but nothing helped. Also my mother SMARTPHONE detecting wifi and router. Only laptop stops. I am currently ordering new laptop to house.

Check device manager and see how the device is listed (see if there is an exclamation point next to it) .. plug in an ethernet cable and check for updated drivers for your wifi card .. go on ebay and buy a new wifi card for your laptop .. the older it is, the cheaper. I have ..or at least had, it's been awhile .. quite a few laying around from HP's, Dell's ..etc that I have torn apart because other components have died..

a lot of them are wifi & bluetooth combo cards

I've had this happen to several laptops. The wifi runs hot and has no cooling or airflow, sometimes compounded by being located next to other hot components. Sometimes you can open up the laptop and replace the wifi card. Otherwise just get a USB wifi adapter.

Back