Why is the Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD called the Barracuda 120 SSD and not a Barracuda SSD??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD called the Barracuda 120 SSD and not a Barracuda SSD? I'm looking into why this might be the SSD I want for my laptop and USM, but there is nothing to explain this in the first few website hits as I would normally expect in the past, which yeah I know I could look on other websites for a crappy explanation that might be there that won't really tell me the true fact bout this and this is what I found from the results of the address bar except I can't find the explanation for it. Therefore, is the Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD better than the Seagate Barracuda SSD or is the other way around because their both $219 on newegg right now and the 2 in the Seagate Barracuda SSD seems to maybe falsely hint that it is inferior to the Seagate Barracuda 120 that has a 3 in the model or serial number being a lower number. However, where is the evidence to support this in the search results below:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Why+is+the+Seagate+Barracuda+120+SSD+called+the+Barracuda+120+SSD+and+not+a+Barracuda+SSD??&oq=Why+is+the+Seagate+Barracuda+120+SSD+called+the+Barracuda+120+SSD+and+not+a+Barracuda+SSD??&aqs=chrome..69i57.1340j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Or maybe it's just a newer model and they decided to start adding numbers to more easily differentiate them.

According to the seagate website specs look the same, nand also looks TLC in both cases.

The short and sweet is that the 120 is the new version. The technical spec differences are below.

Barracuda SSD - Toshiba's 64 Layer 3D TLC NAND, Older controller (Phison S10)

VS

Barracuda 120 SSD - Kioxia 96L BiCS4 TLC or Micron 64L TLC, Newer controller (Phison S12)

No you're both wrong and were not much help because I called Seagate myself today and the representative told me that the Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD uses less power than the Seagate Barrcuda SSD by about 0.2 Watts as well as that the Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD is a little bit bigger than the Seagate Barracuda SSD by about .10 mm in the length and about 71 mm in the width. Good bye thanks for not knowing and I'm closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back