Why is my under volt not working?

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
I have the newest Ryzen master and a 3900x.

I set profile 1 to all core of 3.5 and Vcore to 1.25 click save and run cinebench r23 newest and the temps are very high. still in the 90+ range which is what it was before. I have never done this so if there is a good video of how to do this please post.

I think i had to save profile first and then click apple and not just apply. I lowered all cores down to 3000mhz and did a V core of 1.05 the temps show 69 degrees. I guess that is normal? I am trying to dial this in before i stick it into a Dan A4 case Cpu is water cooled so kind of scared. Maybe my past is old or not good when i applied it?

Seems a bit high, but...what's the room temperature? Used factory paste or your own? Definitely removed plastic from heatsink before install?

Hah, yeah I've done that. Also had the fans on my NH-D15 pointing in the wrong direction. All many years ago. Shameful.

90+ seems way high. My 3950X only ran around 75-80C when loaded all core. If you can't figure it out, I'd just enable eco mode in bios, which will drop the tdp from 105W (142W actual) to 65W (87W actual). Performance drop is only ~10% all core and almost none in games and other lightly threaded applications. A fixed all core (down) clock kind of ruins the chip as you lose a lot of performance in lightly threaded apps and games which won't be a cooling issue. Unless all you do is all core loads, I wouldn't do a fixed multiplier and even then I'd play with the wattage limits in ryzen master so it still has properly functioning boost clocks.

My 5950X hits 87C with PBO fully unleashed at 4.5Ghz all-core on high-end air. I imagine high-end AIO or certainly custom loop would improve on that a bit, but it isn't throttling which I think is pretty good for 16 cores air-cooled.

Try just reducing the voltage without changing the clock speed, using the voltage offset feature.
It will automatically clock down to remain stable.
I managed around -0.15V on my 3600. Any lower and it became unstable.

By not using a static voltage, you keep the single/multi core boost feature and run a lot cooler at idle.

Thanks Nenu I will give that a try.

The past I used was generic that came with the Aio. I am sure that is going to be a factor. I also tried Nvenc last on a anime dvd and I was blowed away at like a 4 min render and the quality was good. I am going to do more testing dial settings in try some Tv show blue rays and see what i get and i may never do cpu encoding again. It seems like everything is going GPU and it is about time.

I'm running -0.1v on my 3900X, everything else completely stock, and I hit about 75C during an extended 100% full load transcoding run. I'm on air (Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT.)

From my experience, don't mess with the clocks, let it do its own clock-thing, just mess with the voltage offset. Your temps do seem a little high.

Back