Why I will probably buy 7700X instead of 5800X3D or even 7800X3D [please tell why shouldn't I]

I am losing a family member and I don't have the time or energy for the tinkering now.
I probably missed this, and probably a bit late for response.
I give my condolences to you. :(

13600K + Z790 is exactly what I tend to since yesterday - you're just reading my thoughts. :) Am I right Z790 has no limitations of Z690/B660?
Z790 is a lot, like a lot better than z790. Just go for it.
As for DDR4/DDR5: with Z790 - won't it be better to start with DDR4 in 2023 and overclock it to max, then move to DDR5 in 2024 and o/c it too (but hopefully DDR5 prices will drop down next year)?
You plan on trying ddr5, right?
If so, you can't re-use ddr4 z790 board because ddr5 dimm has different slot measure than ddr4.
And ddr5 kits nowadays are cheaper compared to Q3 last year.
And one more question on the topic: I know Ryzen 5000's rule of a thumb was "sweet spot of a RAM speed is x2 of that of Infinity Fabric". What about Intel Gen 14 rule and shall it be the same for Gen 15 too?

Wow, seems a bit of a rocket science to me now. Do you have some good article in mind to read on Intel curve optimization? Kinda step-by-step guide maybe..

Thank you - appreciate your comments!
Zen 2 & Zen 3 introduced IF optimal clock running 1:1 with dram freq.
If it run at different clock or at 1:2, then there is performance penalty, something like 10~15% AFAIK.

For Intel, running Gear 1 is always the best choice, but Gear 2 don't give hefty penalty like in ryzen case.

I read it on my telegram group LoL, said in our native language.
Maybe you can make a new thread asking for Raptor users in [H].

I probably missed this, and probably a bit late for response.
I give my condolences to you. :(

Z790 is a lot, like a lot better than z790. Just go for it.

You plan on trying ddr5, right?
If so, you can't re-use ddr4 z790 board because ddr5 dimm has different slot measure than ddr4.
And ddr5 kits nowadays are cheaper compared to Q3 last year.

Zen 2 & Zen 3 introduced IF optimal clock running 1:1 with dram freq.
If it run at different clock or at 1:2, then there is performance penalty, something like 10~15% AFAIK.

For Intel, running Gear 1 is always the best choice, but Gear 2 don't give hefty penalty like in ryzen case.

I read it on my telegram group LoL, said in our native language.
Maybe you can make a new thread asking for Raptor users in [H].
I tried DDR5 and it was a total shit show on AM5. I circumvented that nightmare with my broadly available DDR4 that I have at home and the experience has been fucking stellar! No complaints! Compared to the AM5 Platform. I was hesitant to adopt the Intel 13th gen stuff but now I wonder why I ever bother to give a shit about what AMD brings to the table. They're clearly no longer the underdog, they seem to think they are the top of the food chain and they always come up a bit short. Possibly on purpose to throw punches back and forth with intel. WTF? Just DESTROY you GAWDAMN competition if you can, for as long as you can. Honestly, AMD needs to do that badly.

I apologize. I am hammering 100 Proof Whiskey. It's been 5-6 Days of complete shit. I probably shouldn't be writing here but I don't know where else to go. This place feels as much like my home as my home does.

I apologize. I am hammering 100 Proof Whiskey. It's been 5-6 Days of complete shit. I probably shouldn't be writing here but I don't know where else to go. This place feels as much like my home as my home does.
As a thread starter I confirm - totally fine! :) We're all are human beings and both supporting and the desire to be supported are an integral part of our life. You're not alone mate! ;)

I tried DDR5 and it was a total shit show on AM5. I circumvented that nightmare with my broadly available DDR4 that I have at home and the experience has been fucking stellar! No complaints! Compared to the AM5 Platform. I was hesitant to adopt the Intel 13th gen stuff but now I wonder why I ever bother to give a shit about what AMD brings to the table. They're clearly no longer the underdog, they seem to think they are the top of the food chain and they always come up a bit short. Possibly on purpose to throw punches back and forth with intel. WTF? Just DESTROY you GAWDAMN competition if you can, for as long as you can. Honestly, AMD needs to do that badly.

Oh believe me, AMD are really really trying to.

Back