Why can't they sell AIO coolers with shorter tubing for ITX?

All AIO cooler manufacturers should know ITX cases are very popular, and they should also know 300+mm tubing length is bit too long for most ITX cases.

So why can't they just sell one with shorter 200-250mm tubing?
Obviously its not hard to make one with shorter tubing length, and I think it would be popular if they sold one with shorter tubing and called it ITX version or suitable for ITX cases etc.

I guess the reason is that the long tubing will still somewhat fit into smaller cases, just not the smallest ones.
It's just additional effort that they don't see paying off. But sometimes, they just need a heads up. Maybe you can try writing to one of the AIO manufacturers and ask them whether they have something like that for offer. Corsair may be a good start, their AIO CPU coolers are highly popular, so maybe they'd at least consider it.

I think they are just ignorant cos they probably never built ITX case.. :(
AIO cooler with slim radiator, slim 120mm fan would be great for smaller ITX cases, but 300+mm tubing is too long for all ITX case I think..

You can always mod your CLC, or chassis to accommodate your cooler; I had to with my Coolermaster Elite 110.

I think they are just ignorant cos they probably never built ITX case.. :(
AIO cooler with slim radiator, slim 120mm fan would be great for smaller ITX cases, but 300+mm tubing is too long for all ITX case I think..

The more parts you have that only sell a few that are expensive to make, the more chance you have of losing money on them and being left with unsold inventory taking space.
Each product they make would have to be split into 2 products, one of which cannot be used in as many cases as the other.
Then you need to advertise it to make sure the few people who would buy it know about it.
This could also cause confusion and resentment if you buy the wrong one.

Its straight forward economics, the opposite of ignorant.
They know exactly what they are doing and because of this, they realised there isnt any choice.
And from a marketing perspective there is no bad karma for not doing it so the company wont lose face.

The more parts you have that only sell a few that are expensive to make, the more chance you have of losing money on them and being left with unsold inventory taking space.
Each product they make would have to be split into 2 products, one of which cannot be used in as many cases as the other.
Then you need to advertise it to make sure the few people who would buy it know about it.
This could also cause confusion and resentment if you buy the wrong one.

Its straight forward economics, the opposite of ignorant.
They know exactly what they are doing and because of this, they realised there isnt any choice.
And from a marketing perspective there is no bad karma for not doing it so the company wont lose face.
Sure there's always risk, but personally I think it should be very popular considering the current popularity of SFF and AIO coolers.
FYI, Corsair currently sell 6 different versions of AIO coolers(H50, H55, H60, H75, H80, H80i GT) with 154x123x25-49mm radiators. If one of the model came with shorter tube then it would get used and recommended by every hardware sites/reviewers for all SFF builds.
I don't think people buying the ITX AIO cooler on ATX case would be an issue since most AIO cooler users know enough about PC hardware, but I suppose you can always put "ITX" on the model and box, etc to make it clear.

It's not like manufacturers have to redesign or develop new cooler/radiator etc, they just need to shorter tubing ffs.
e.g. Corsair Hydro H77 ITX
- use 120x152x25mm radiator from Hydro H75
- 1x 120x120x25mm fan (take out one fan from Hydro H75 or maybe use 120x120x15mm fan)
- 220mm tube length (cut 80mm off standard tube)
- make new box

Last edited:
ogjREyl.jpg

in a corsair 250d it's not terrible.

in a corsair 250d it's not terrible.
Corsair makes biggest ITX cases tho, 250D is 28+lt and 380T is bigger than most small m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶s ̶mATX cases.
Anyway, even on 250D with the radiator mounted first you would still use ~100mm shorter tubing if you made custom water cooling.

Btw shorter tubing length = better cooling performance too, right?

Btw shorter tubing length = better cooling performance too, right?
No, it would make effectively 0 difference. For a reservoir-less loop - some AIOs incorporate a reservoir into either the pump housing or the radiator - it would reduce the thermal mass, which is not idea (increases sensitivity to changes in temperature).

Really, creating an entire new SKU (doesn;t matter how smal lthe change,, you need to spin up a new production run for it, which means a hefty fixed cost no matter what the run size, so you need a big run to amortise the costs over) for a very small market just doesn't make sense. Rotating the radiator a few times before install to 'coil' up the excess hose works well enough for systems small enough to actually fit a 120mm radiator in the first place..

Back