Who is buying a 3090?

1600993668790.png

Will Seasonic TX-750W Prime Plus Titanium be fine with Rtx 3090?

Depends do the math...

12v @400 watts to be safe is 48 amps

If your PSU has a 12v rail rated for 55amps or more youll be fine. Chances are your not with a 750 watt.

Edit****

I looked it up. You have a 62 amp rail. So if your CPU ram SSDs add in cards etc.... do not use more than 25 or so amps, leaving you some headroom, your 35 amp GPU should run fine.

Seasonic makes some of if not the best PSUs in the world for PCs so im guessing youre more than fine, for one GPU, not SLI.

Last edited:
Depends do the math...

12v @400 watts to be safe is 48 amps

If your PSU has a 12v rail rated for 55amps or more youll be fine. Chances are your not with a 750 watt.

Edit****

I looked it up. You have a 68 amp rail. So if your CPU ram SSDs add in cards etc.... do not use more than 25 or so amps, leaving you some headroom, your 35 amp GPU should run fine.
Ok thx for checking and answering.

So I answered you.

Yes you will be A ok. Unless youre running like 12 hard drives and 15 case fans. You have plenty of oomph in that Seasonic.
Just must sleep with decision to buy 3090 or not. :) But asked first about psu of course.

Hey tangoseal can you ask your 6 yr old if my AX 1200i will be ok w/my 3090 FE? I've got an SSD, hybrid HDD and 2 NVME drives hooked to the mobo. Will my rails be ok? Let me know what he/she calculates. Thx.

Hey tangoseal can you ask your 6 yr old if my AX 1200i will be ok w/my 3090 FE? I've got an SSD, hybrid HDD and 2 NVME drives hooked to the mobo. Will my rails be ok? Let me know what he/she calculates. Thx.

Lmao

The 6 year old said you will be fine if you send him the 3090 to evaluate for 1 year.

You will sleep just fine! Since you cant find a 3090 on Earth you wont lose any sleep over it.
In shop in PL is on stock 1 card, Gaming Gigabyte 3090. But prize is 20% more expensive than normal prize, and nobody bought it. I have cash but dont wanna pay so much overprized. 2 196,85 euro ! :D

ps:
Sorry for my language i know its not perfect ,he.

In shop in PL is on stock 1 card, Gaming Gigabyte 3090. But prize is 20% more expensive than normal prize, and nobody bought it. I have cash but dont wanna pay so much overprized. 2 196,85 euro ! :D

ps:
Sorry for my language i know its not perfect ,he.

Oh 20% more is A LOT. I hear oct is when more is available.

demand will also be a lot higher due to the lower price point, they would need like at least 10x the inventory they had for 3080 and even then they might still sell out in seconds

Nvidia could have release 10 times as many cards and they would have still sold out in a second. The demand is insane.

Part of my mind is like, "Wait to see what rdna2 looks like, the past 2 weeks feels like a panic launch."

Part of my mind is like, "Wait to see what rdna2 looks like, the past 2 weeks feels like a panic launch."

Feels like a panic launch? It couldn't be more obvious if the cards were in boxes labelled "Panic Launch Edition". Nvidia claimed they had been in production from August, that doesn't give much time for a lot of inventory. Plus they declined to say when in August, could have been the last 2 weeks for all we know.

They basically shat out a few cards in the space of a few weeks and called it a launch, something has them spooked, be it consoles or rdna2.

Feels like a panic launch? It couldn't be more obvious if the cards were in boxes labelled "Panic Launch Edition". Nvidia claimed they had been in production from August, that doesn't give much time for a lot of inventory. Plus they declined to say when in August, could have been the last 2 weeks for all we know.

They basically shat out a few cards in the space of a few weeks and called it a launch, something has them spooked, be it consoles or rdna2.

I honestly think this is fear of AMD.

Am I a fan boy of AMD - sometimes I admit.

And RDNA 2 is looking VERY good from what we can see so far. (Cough cough bag of salt needed)

I honestly think this is fear of AMD.

Am I a fan boy of AMD - sometimes I admit.

And RDNA 2 is looking VERY good from what we can see so far. (Cough cough bag of salt needed)

It looks great... under certain situations. Nvidia has been very selective on what games it shows and has reviewers showing. I’m waiting for an independent reviewer who didn’t get a script and didn’t have to sign anything to review the feature.

It looks great... under certain situations. Nvidia has been very selective on what games it shows and has reviewers showing. I’m waiting for an independent reviewer who didn’t get a script and didn’t have to sign anything to review the feature.

it will have to be someone that went out and paid hard earned cash for the card to get that and they will come in time once they can actually purchase a card.

Until then we get Linus and Jay and the script sigh

Until then we get Linus and Jay and the script sigh

I watched the Linus 8k video. I had a good laugh watching parts and reading between the lines. He mentioned specifically that his test rig had a 10900k, that the display was sent by Nvidia, and that the games he was playing were picked. It’s basically a manufactured and vetted experience crafted by Nvidia that they expected him to follow to the T instead of using his own methodology. Linus basically whored out his personality and YouTube fame to be a sock puppet for Nvidia. At least he gave hints and clues that stood out and weren’t edited out like they normally would.

Been rocking mine all day. Returned my MSI Gaming Trio X 2089 ti on warranty to Microcenter The manager didn't even ask what was wrong with it, he said it didn't matter, you have the warranty. I asked what happens to the card and he said they send it back to the vendor.

Anyways, bought a 3080 on the 17th, and was able to snag 2 x Founders Editions 3080's and got one last Saturday and another one on Monday. I sold the the EVGA 3080 for $1,150 today front of Microcenter while I was inline. I just had the box out with me in my lawn chair and it sold itself.

I waited inline 18 1/2 hours starting at 2pm yesterday. They handed out voulchers to the first 10 people around 9:30am and I was finally done buying, talking and visiting with the people inline and went home.

I do have 2 x Founders Edition 3080's I will be putting up in the HardOCP for sale section in the next few days. heads up, I won't be shipping anything but can meet in public in Kansas City in front of Microcenter or the Police Station.

Very happy with the EVGA 3090. It's not huge, doesn't sag and with the new nVidia overclocking tool, I get amazing performance out of the card. I've seen a max power draw of 360 wattsPXL_20200920_170534255.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20200924_135650777.jpgPXL_20200924_144948905.jpgPXL_20200924_231201105.jpgPXL_20200924_231208881.jpgPXL_20200924_231208881.jpgPXL_20200925_014158971.jpg

Let me put it to you this way. I've been comparing my shunt modded RTX Titan in sig that pulls 450w against a guys 550w shunted water 3090 scores. His card in gaming is only 16% faster than mine. Best card to best card; generation to generation, a measly SIXTEEN PERCENT faster.

If you count top overclocked cards, Turing performance increase was almost twice as fast over Pascal than Ampere is over Turing. And Turing was NOTHING to write home about. Ampere is pathetic.

Does that make sense? Toms has Titan RTX in the charts. Did you really get that much out of the OCs?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-review

Been rocking mine all day. Returned my MSI Gaming Trio X 2089 ti on warranty to Microcenter The manager didn't even ask what was wrong with it, he said it didn't matter, you have the warranty. I asked what happens to the card and he said they send it back to the vendor.

Anyways, bought a 3080 on the 17th, and was able to snag 2 x Founders Editions 3080's and got one last Saturday and another one on Monday. I sold the the EVGA 3080 for $1,150 today front of Microcenter while I was inline. I just had the box out with me in my lawn chair and it sold itself.

I waited inline 18 1/2 hours starting at 2pm yesterday. They handed out voulchers to the first 10 people around 9:30am and I was finally done buying, talking and visiting with the people inline and went home.

I do have 2 x Founders Edition 3080's I will be putting up in the HardOCP for sale section in the next few days. heads up, I won't be shipping anything but can meet in public in Kansas City in front of Microcenter or the Police Station.

Very happy with the EVGA 3090. It's not huge, doesn't sag and with the new nVidia overclocking tool, I get amazing performance out of the card. I've seen a max power draw of 360 wattsView attachment 282526View attachment 282527View attachment 282528View attachment 282529View attachment 282530View attachment 282530View attachment 282531

So your trick was to camp out since day before.i just cant do that. Cant with 6 year old child and all.

So your trick was to camp out since day before.i just cant do that. Cant with 6 year old child and all.

Wish they just had more of these cards at launch. Why they can't stock them up for 30 days and flood the market so everyone can get one that wants one and the scalpers get swamped no one wants theirs.

I'm not personally getting one but I know someone who is. And they're pairing it with an AMD FX 8350. No joke. He already has a 1080 Ti and refuses to upgrade anything else but the GPU.

I was considering one when rumors were ~20% faster than a 3080. That combined with VRAM anxiety on the 3080 made the 3090 "worth it" to me.... Buuuut, at 3-10% faster it's a hard pass

The performance difference that last gens Titan card held over the 2080 ti was very small. The 2080 Ti is 15% faster than the 2080, so on an so forth. Going back to the 1080 ti, there were a lot of 15% performance differences. There is little to no difference with Ampre vs different generations. 10 - 15 - 20% seems pretty common between them all. I don't know why people are calling out the 15% People are just confused with the 3090. I'm not however. I already know it's really just a 3080 ti, re-badged, given additional memory and given a premium price point.

I already know it's really just a 3080 ti, re-badged, given additional memory and given a premium price point.
Theory's solid. That's certainly how Nvidia marketed it. I'm thinking they kept making references to "Titan" so they could justify the price of all that GDDR6X. If they'd just called it a 3080ti, people would be even more hung up on the price than they are now.

Does he reside in a padded room?

Nope, but he lives in the desert. Perhaps the sun cooked his brain a little?

That's criminal.

Yes. Yes it is. I tried to convince him that upgrading to a 10900K/3900X and a 3080 made worlds more sense. He wouldn't hear it because he "did the research" and found that his 8350 would be more than enough. Plus he would have to give up his Creative X-Fi PCI card.

Yes. Yes it is. I tried to convince him that upgrading to a 10900K/3900X and a 3080 made worlds more sense. He wouldn't hear it because he "did the research" and found that his 8350 would be more than enough. Plus he would have to give up his Creative X-Fi PCI card.

Sounds like a kick in the plums is needed.

I tried to get one.

I checked out at evga.com. It looked like it went through.
I never got an order confirmation.
It shows 1 open order, but when clicked says no orders available.
They took my money from my bank account.
EVGA's accounting team confirms they took my money.

Latest email:

Thanks for the reply so I just checked the list that we have created so we can confirm that the payment went through, so at this current, we are trying to create that order and once we get more further information we can contact you with more information.

Nope, but he lives in the desert. Perhaps the sun cooked his brain a little?

Im 39yo and while that is not really old it is old enough that I have learned to inform once, give advice once, challenge one time, and move on. You should let him live with his folly and move on.

Theory's solid. That's certainly how Nvidia marketed it. I'm thinking they kept making references to "Titan" so they could justify the price of all that GDDR6X. If they'd just called it a 3080ti, people would be even more hung up on the price than they are now.

There was obviously a lot of back and forth marketing strategy discussions going on between the CEO and the marketing team over the last many several months on how to bring these cards to market in terms of model numbers, features and price points, etc. And with it, some level of chance that consumers might be confused. Intially, I am leaning toward, "confused" .... however, that could clear up but maybe not since first impressions mean a lot with consumers. On a side note, there are some clues as to the performance of the upcoming "Big Navi" in that already they are touting how much memory these cards have which is greater than what was just launched with nVidia. They did this with Ryzen and Ryzen's "cores" meaning, I think the performance will be less but that AMD hopes to gain traction with consumers by bumping up the memory. We will lknow for sure very shortly. It seems kids might want more memory just like they "thought" they wanted more cores over performance.

Back