Who is buying a 3090?

That's for sure. Still can't connect to it, and when I did get in, nothing had changed... no notify button.

So happy I was finally able to order my 3090 Hybrid yesterday and I'll have it in hand for Cyberpunk tomorrow, I wish all the OEMs where managing direct sales like EVGA.

Due to EVGA's queue system I have had plenty of 30x0 cards go through my hands to friends, family, and co-workers (at zero profit to me).
Woot.

IMG_20201210_125221.jpg
IMG_20201210_133403.jpg

I received a 3090 XC3 Ultra Hybrid yesterday and am very disappointed that max power allowed is still only 104% like on the air cooled XC3's...

Oh well, hopefully the 3090 FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper will become available within my 90 day Step-Up window...

I entered the queue a few days ago for a 3090 FTW3 Ultra.... how long did it take each time in general before u got a notice email it was ur turn?
I put my name in the queue on Nov 13th. For the 3090 XC3 Hybrid I reserved on Tuesday I was able to order the same day it also arrived today.

584A7234-A9D0-463D-B691-6F378E4234F7.jpeg

Not the cleanest routing. I may turn around the CPU radiator and take another pass at the GPU power with additional zip tying. I was in no way anticipating I would be replacing the interim 2070S on my dad’s rig with an AIO cooled GPU.

Reactions: noko
like this
I got an EVGA 3090 XC3 Hybrid via their auto-notify today (https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=24G-P5-3978-KR). I figure that list is a lot shorter than the 3080 lists.

View attachment 307895
Not the cleanest routing. I may turn around the CPU radiator and take another pass at the GPU power with additional zip tying. I was in no way anticipating I would be replacing the interim 2070S on my dad’s rig with an AIO cooled GPU.
Flip that GPU radiator the other way around if possible, it's better for the water flow (see: GamersNexus).

I got an EVGA 3090 XC3 Hybrid via their auto-notify today (https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=24G-P5-3978-KR). I figure that list is a lot shorter than the 3080 lists.

Flip that GPU radiator the other way around if possible, it's better for the water flow (see: GamersNexus).
So, I'm stupid with this stuff.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3888-KR

Is that a waterblock or something hanging off it? I'm just looking for plug and play to replace my 1060.

edit: Oh, I think I screwed up. that one I linked is in the water cooling section. whoops

Last edited:
So a system that isn't already watercooled is not required?
Correct. It’s the entire thing, but can’t be expanded either. Easy and effective, but expensive at times and can’t be upgraded (loop expanded)

i would put the CPU radiator as front intake and the GPU radiator in the top as exhaust. That way the 400+ watts of heat being pushed out by the 3090 go right out the case.
pandora's box Both AIO radiators are set to exhaust in that configuration with the case fans pulling cool air in.

The GPU heat is being expelled just not necessarily in the most efficient fashion, at no point did I think sucking in air, heating it up, and dumping it into the case was an intelligent decision.

Last edited:
Installed my 3090 TUF this afternoon and it has some coil whine. It isn’t unbearable by any means, but it’s noticeable. Sort of hesitant to put a water block on it now as it could make the noise more pronounced.

Debating if I want to keep it since my entire system is under a custom loop. But from what I’ve seen it seems like many Ampere cards have coil whine to some degree. Anyone have a 3090 with absolutely zero or nearly indistinguishable coil whine? Every video I’ve seen online exhibits it to a certain degree.

Haven't noticed any on my Aorus 3090 Master. My CPU fan may drown out some if not all of it as it's the most noticeable fan(s) in my system.

I installed an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra Hybrid yesterday and it crashes my computer in demanding games... I have a Seasonic X750 power supply from 2016 (i7-9700K no OC). I have a Corsair HX1000 on order, hope that resolves the issue.

EVGA says that 750 watts is minimum for this card, so I guess that means it's just enough to get it going and run less-demanding games. I was concerned about this, but I have a problem with wanting to see stuff break before I know for sure. :D

I installed an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra Hybrid yesterday and it crashes my computer in demanding games... I have a Seasonic X750 power supply from 2016 (i7-9700K no OC). I have a Corsair HX1000 on order, hope that resolves the issue.

EVGA says that 750 watts is minimum for this card, so I guess that means it's just enough to get it going and run less-demanding games. I was concerned about this, but I have a problem with wanting to see stuff break before I know for sure. :D
Supposedly the older Seasonics protections will trip on 3090 when they spoke. A 850w is really needed for those cards to handle those spikes.

Supposedly the older Seasonics protections will trip on 3090 when they spoke. A 850w is really needed for those cards to handle those spikes.
Can confirm - I have a Seasonic X-850 (about 4 years old) and it was able to power my 3090 TUF OC without issue in my second rig after several hours of stress tests.

Can confirm - I have a Seasonic X-850 (about 4 years old) and it was able to power my 3090 TUF OC without issue in my second rig after several hours of stress tests.

But what kind of boost is that EVGA hybrid card trying to run at with the hydro cooler. I'm guessing the vbios of his card is pushing for something that the PSU can't handle. But maybe not.

But what kind of boost is that EVGA hybrid card trying to run at with the hydro cooler. I'm guessing the vbios of his card is pushing for something that the PSU can't handle. But maybe not.
I'm not logging to a file so I don't know what it has reached before my PS craps, but I've seen the max value at 2025MHz, not sure for how long yet. Supposedly "boost" is 1725MHz according to the EVGA specs info.

I'm not logging to a file so I don't know what it has reached before my PS craps, but I've seen the max value at 2025MHz, not sure for how long yet. Supposedly "boost" is 1725MHz according to the EVGA specs info.
That's just the guaranteed boost.

Thanks, djoye, I didn't know that. I wanted to make sure the pump wasn't collecting air and that was where the thinking ended. Though, looking at the NZXT Kraken cooler on my 1080Ti past me did know that and installed with the barbs down and current me flushed that knowledge right out the old noggin.

Given that this GPU is the most expensive component in his system I'll be swapping rad locations and putting the CPU cooler in the front with barbs down provided the tubing has enough length. I would much rather have the risk be periodically replacing a $100 Arctic Liquid Freezer than trying to work out replacing or repairing the AIO on his GPU.

Last edited:
How the hell are you all lucking out on these 3090 FTW3 Ultras?!?!? I can never seem to find one, and by the time I do, its long gone! I AM in the evga queue tho, worst case...

How the hell are you all lucking out on these 3090 FTW3 Ultras?!?!? I can never seem to find one, and by the time I do, its long gone! I AM in the evga queue tho, worst case...

Call JNCS, they have multiple in stock even though the website says otherwise. I posted in the official in stock thread. The number is in that thread. Look on page 69.

Edit: 585-388-8780 three in stock with more on the way. Get while you can!

https://secure.jncs.com/php2/gpu.php

Last edited:
I guess this is the official owners thread for the 3090 so I'll post this here:

Got the Hybrid kit today for my 3090 FTW3 - Wasn't going to install it until the weekend but you know, here we are 12:30AM on a weeknight...lol

Really impressed with how far EVGA has come with the hybrid kits, last one i used was for a 1080Ti, I love how the fans are now fully controlled by the card and not plugged into the motherboard now. Installation was painless. It barely clears my NH-D15 cooler, I had to remove one of the fans from it, not seeing a change in CPU temps on my 3900X so no loss there

Quick run through the Red Dead 2 benchmark - 2080Mhz core clock at 52C. This is with the FTW3 Hybrid OC BIOS installed on the card. Was getting around 1950Mhz with the stock cooler at 76C

jADuoiX.jpg

AJcUSf3.jpg

ADPbmSe.jpg

KkGidCL.jpg

pi6O8ex.jpg

6pG1ZUn.jpg

Last edited:
I guess this is the official owners thread for the 3090 so I'll post this here:

Got the Hybrid kit today for my 3090 FTW3 - Wasn't going to install it until the weekend but you know, here we are 12:30AM on a weeknight...lol

Really impressed with how far EVGA has come with the hybrid kits, last one i used was for a 1080Ti, I love how the fans are now fully controlled by the card and not plugged into the motherboard now. Installation was painless. It barely clears my NH-D15 cooler, I had to remove one of the fans from it, not seeing a change in CPU temps on my 3900X so no loss there

Quick run through the Red Dead 2 benchmark - 2080Mhz core clock at 52C. This is with the FTW3 Hybrid OC BIOS installed on the card. Was getting around 1950Mhz with the stock cooler at 76C

View attachment 311437

View attachment 311438

View attachment 311439

View attachment 311440

View attachment 311441

View attachment 311442
That looks nice, I am in the queue for 4 different cards, EVGA will not ship after 12/23/20 until next year 1/5/21 which if I don't hear anything from them that will be that.

Finally was able to get an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra at BB. I hope it will be worth it in the long run, 3-5 year card. Most expensive card I've ever bought, normally I buy two as in 2x 1080 Ti's which was a couple hundred dollars less than 1 3090 for price.

I had a 3090 in my cart twice today with the BB drop, both times I hit Paypal checkout and then it said no longer available. Silly, stupid, by the time there is enough stock I'll have lost complete interest in the damn thing unless some new game comes out that requires it for 4K.

I had a 3090 in my cart twice today with the BB drop, both times I hit Paypal checkout and then it said no longer available. Silly, stupid, by the time there is enough stock I'll have lost complete interest in the damn thing unless some new game comes out that requires it for 4K.
That's where I am at this point. I wanted a 3090 until, probably, November, at which point I said I was going to go with a 6900XT. When I struck out on that, I said F it, and I'm waiting for a 3080ti. I'll pickup an EVGA 3060ti or 3070 if I get the magic e-mail from them, and then put myself on the step up list.

Back