Which would you go for?

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
I've whittled down my choices to two preferred options of x570 boards I'm interested in. Which would you go for? Which is the pecking order in terms of positioning do you think? (they seem to be in the same price bracket so more than capable). Going to throw a 5900x, RTX 3080 FE and 32GB of G.Skill 3600 CAS 16 ram in it for context.

1. Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master - I don't have much experience with Gigabyte boards, but am willing to try it out based on the reviews/advice etc. The main reason I'm even considering it is because of the current discount on it. Not too sure about the software quality (in windows) vs Asus though. The board itself does look sexy.

2. Asus ROG Strix X570-E WiFi II - Looks good too, reviews are favourable, I know the brand. Software is ok from my experience.

3. Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - No other thoughts

As always, cheers for any opinions and input!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Gigabyte app suite is annoying, but functional. Have to keep turning off bloat ware that it wants to install with every update. Tools are passable; I uninstall it on about half my systems with those boards and leave it on the other half.
Edit. When you run the update installer it likes to turn on “install bloat”. You just have to deselect it every time.

Asus software is better in current releases. Armory crate works, it’s just a bit resource heavy and sometimes causes cpu load. There are fixes out there.

In terms of board quality - they’re all very good boards. Any of them will do you fine. I tend to have a slight preference for asus over gigabyte on amd boxes, but that’s due to old history.

Gigabyte app suite is annoying, but functional. Have to keep turning off bloat ware that it wants to install with every update. Tools are passable; I uninstall it on about half my systems with those boards and leave it on the other half.
Edit. When you run the update installer it likes to turn on “install bloat”. You just have to deselect it every time.

Asus software is better in current releases. Armory crate works, it’s just a bit resource heavy and sometimes causes cpu load. There are fixes out there.

In terms of board quality - they’re all very good boards. Any of them will do you fine. I tend to have a slight preference for asus over gigabyte on amd boxes, but that’s due to old history.
Yeah, I think I'm going to go for the Asus board. Just more confident in the brand and long term support.

Yeah, I think I'm going to go for the Asus board. Just more confident in the brand and long term support.
I don't recommend using either app suite, they all suck tbh. And don't worry about Gigabyte and long term support, they have been around for a long time.

I'd probably get the Strix II board all things being equal. Although, it probably isn't all that much different than the regular one in real world use (if any different).

I have a couple Gigabyte AMD boards. Generally, I prefer the Asus bios because I know it better, but GB is completely functional, and they have been releasing bios updates and "betas" at a pretty good clip.

Back