Which to get?

Eviljoker

Limp Gawd
I currently have the s9, but looking to upgrade. My best options for my phone service are s10+, s20, iphone xr(all variants), iphone 11, or iphone 8+. Everyday use. But lots of mobile gaming. I know there is some differences in the prices, which is why I'm seeing what others think before I decide (try to anyway).

Thanks

Wait for a new iPhone? If you don't like the next iPhone, the existing ones will be cheaper.

I currently have the s9, but looking to upgrade. My best options for my phone service are s10+, s20, iphone xr(all variants), iphone 11, or iphone 8+. Everyday use. But lots of mobile gaming. I know there is some differences in the prices, which is why I'm seeing what others think before I decide (try to anyway).

Thanks

I'll echo acascianelli and say to wait for the new iPhones (hopefully announced in mid-September) before hopping on anything. The standard iPhone 12 could be a considerably better value than the 11, although I wouldn't be surprised if prices go up with 5G involved.

I would lean iPhone regardless for the mobile gaming side, unless you absolutely want Fortnite. iPhones already outperform Android phones in gaming as a general rule, and the iPhone 12 family is likely to cement that lead. That and games generally arrive first on iOS or tend to be more polished on that platform. Besides, there's Apple Arcade if you want some pretty nice titles (like Sayonara Wild Hearts).

I currently have an iPhone XR. Plan to run it until the damn thing fails. I went through 3 batteries on my previous iPhone 6 and made it to within months of the phone not being supported before upgrading to the XR.

I have an iPhone X, very nice phone, but definitely wait for the new iPhone announcement coming in a few weeks.

XR would be my pick put of those

Why the XR over the base 11 with better specs and comparable (still great) battery life for not much more? I think the base 11 is the best value iPhone still. On the Android side any current Samsung phone is pretty much the best all-rounder, esp. if you value camera performance.

It's hard to really recommend anything else without any preferences or feature priorities you have in a phone though.

Camera doesn't matter to me, don't play pug or fortnite mainly one particular marvel game. Other random games here and there.. what i read about iphone 11 is a LED screen. Not even as good as the iPhone X(all) screen.

I've always liked Android over ios. But Rooted (custom roms,kernels, etc) and jailbroke both is what i end up doing for certain things i like. Performance, tweaks, etc etc.

I guess I'll just see which has best price at the time.

Unlocked s20+ directly from Samsung. Has every 'merican band for gsm and cdma for all carriers including 5G bands which is kinda nice. Traded in my old 6s for 250 off, the S9 nets 350 off getting it down to total of 850 before taxes.

Love this phone so far, has excellent signal, best phone I've had for that. Could be that seperate signal chip they have to use now to include 5G.

I don't need much more than 128gb but it's nice to have the option to add a yuge microsd card if the occasion ever called for it. The OLED 120hz display is nice too!

Last edited:
Back