Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

Considering all of the AIB cards I have seen take nearly 4 slots and almost certainly need a support, I think I will be waiting to see revisions or changes happen in the future. Also wondering if AMD will follow suit with 4 slots crazy gpu's.

Palit Gamerock card or Asus TUF or Strix depending on which one has the least rapey price.

Anyone know if it's possible to control pump speed on the MSI RTX 30 series Sea Hawk? Would hate to have the pump going 100% all the time with the Suprim Liquid LOL

I'll go for a TUF or FE. Very impressed with my TUF 3090Ti . The other brands I would consider are MSI and PNY, while staying far away from Zotac.

The other question is, will I buy right away on October 12? I suspect there will be plenty of stock, and quickly acquiring anything that is available won't be the issue. I should wait until November to at least see what AMD has coming. I just don't think I have the patience. It's a mental illness. 🤷‍♂️

I'll go for a TUF or FE. Very impressed with my TUF 3090Ti . The other brands I would consider are MSI and PNY, while staying far away from Zotac.

The other question is, will I buy right away on October 12? I suspect there will be plenty of stock, and quickly acquiring anything that is available won't be the issue. I should wait until November to at least see what AMD has coming. I just don't think I have the patience. It's a mental illness. 🤷‍♂️

For what it's worth, a lot of reviews for the 30-series cards were posted an hour or two before they were officially on sale via online retailers. If these are a total disaster, you'll have time to discover that before committing to one.

From what I hear if you don’t care about DLSS or ray tracing, AMD 7900xt will be competitive against 4090. Personally I am going 4090 because I need the VRAM. If you are considering 4080 16GB, the 7900xt will be a better buy.

Well I just realized that the cards will not fit my Corsair 540 Air case. I LOVE that case :(. The max length is 320mm that I can fit.

From what I hear if you don’t care about DLSS or ray tracing, AMD 7900xt will be competitive against 4090. Personally I am going 4090 because I need the VRAM. If you are considering 4080 16GB, the 7900xt will be a better buy.
I don't want a kick stand card, something no bigger then my 3070 = 2.500 slot (sorry) I don't know what got in me.

Oct 12 is the same day that Forspoken releases for PC, I have a key and that is the date given, found that odd being the same day Nvidia releases!

Well I just realized that the cards will not fit my Corsair 540 Air case. I LOVE that case :(. The max length is 320mm that I can fit.

Go figure. I only just recently replaced mine even though I figured that case could probably last forever. I never would've guessed there would hardware that couldn't fit in that monster, although I guess it's more wide than long. If you don't need an optical drive the 5000D has treated me rather well. Plus no plastic pops and crackles.

Another issue is that the card would cover my 2nd NVMe….would that be an issue? I am thinking it won’t since I would think ASUS would be aware that a card would cover it. I am running ASUS Dark Hero board.

Go figure. I only just recently replaced mine even though I figured that case could probably last forever. I never would've guessed there would hardware that couldn't fit in that monster, although I guess it's more wide than long. If you don't need an optical drive the 5000D has treated me rather well. Plus no plastic pops and crackles.
I do have a optical drive although I could get a external sata hookup for it when I need it which is very very rare.

I do have a optical drive although I could get a external sata hookup for it when I need it which is very very rare.

I realized I simply didn't need a PC disk drive. I can use flash drives for things like installing Windows and I honestly kinda hate PowerDVD for playing Blu-Rays. UHD Blu-Ray support full-on got killed off, so the writing was on the wall. I can play both Blu-Rays and UHD Blu-Rays on the PS5, so I still have something that'll play disks if I want. As long as you have something else that'll play movie disks (or don't have a pile of back-up disks) there's not much need anymore.

I would really love to see if they come up with some kind of blower-style cooler design that doesn't dump most of the heat inside the case and maybe even doesn't take more than 3 slots. Right now I have a 2nd small videocard in my computer for my 5th and 6th monitor. I would have to remove that 2nd card to be able to use these 3.5 slot 4090 cards that they have shown so far.

Not a big fan of MSI (used to be but switched to EVGA but then....). $1599 for MSI 4090. AIB at msrp, hmm.

As some have mentioned here, best to wait for RDNA3 on Nov 3rd and hope 4090 price will adjust accordingly.

1663958263659.png

I would really love to see if they come up with some kind of blower-style cooler design that doesn't dump most of the heat inside the case and maybe even doesn't take more than 3 slots. Right now I have a 2nd small videocard in my computer for my 5th and 6th monitor. I would have to remove that 2nd card to be able to use these 3.5 slot 4090 cards that they have shown so far.
blowers do not provide enough air volume. Especially when you consider the noise level.

Get a case with side fan mounts, for side exhaust. Its a very efficient way to cool.

Im just going to go for the FE if microcenter has it. Otherwise I will get whatever I can thats not MSI, and Gigabyte. I prefer Asus but we will see.

That is awesome. Looks like either I go FE or replace the case.
I wonder if the MSI Suprem watercooled would
I realized I simply didn't need a PC disk drive. I can use flash drives for things like installing Windows and I honestly kinda hate PowerDVD for playing Blu-Rays. UHD Blu-Ray support full-on got killed off, so the writing was on the wall. I can play both Blu-Rays and UHD Blu-Rays on the PS5, so I still have something that'll play disks if I want. As long as you have something else that'll play movie disks (or don't have a pile of back-up disks) there's not much need anymore.
i wonder if I can fit AIO and replace the front fans with GPU radiator. That would be my other option.

F nVidia now. The 4080 12GB is a scam should be named the 4070, and now the "real" 4080 is $1200 LOL, I bought my RTX-3080 brand new back in Nov. 2020 for $799. And I don't care for the gimmicks and silly stuff like DLSS3, I just want to see benchmarks of games at 4k ultra max settings comparing a 2080 to 3080 to 4080, without DLSS3 or anything.

Is it then truly 2X to 4X faster than last gen, like nVidia is marketing these new cards? Uh, doubtful.

I've been buying video cards since the Voodoo 2 days, and historically I have never once seen a next gen card be 100% to 200% better performer than the previous gen. Never. Normally a next card is like 30% to 40% faster than last years card, and some years very rarely a big time leap in tech comes out and the card might be 70% to 80% faster. But 2x to 4x faster? LOL no.

Just on priciniple I won't give nVidia my money. I'll buy AMD moving forward even if it's slower.

Since I'll immediately slap a block on whatever card I get, whichever one has the highest TBP BIOS. Although if the FE has a 600W BIOS as was seemingly confirmed in the techpowerup article and no card is more than 660w like the rumors are saying...I might just get an FE to save a few hundred dollars.

I wonder if the MSI Suprem watercooled would

i wonder if I can fit AIO and replace the front fans with GPU radiator. That would be my other option.
For my Corsair 540 air, I think I am just going with the MSI AIO which is only 280mm length. I will have the radiator in the front pulling air in. I already have CPU radiator on the top and rear fans. I wonder how much it will be more than the FE? Even if I have to pay 200-300 more, I like that idea better than getting a new case.

They did ... sort of. It's the AIO wc versions. Truth. That's pretty much what it is for this high powered card.

Enjoy your expensive new graphics cards and power supplies catching on fire.

No part of that video makes sense. He even contradicts himself in it saying the problem is the 16 pin connector, then saying Nvidia reported a problem on the PSU side of the adapter. The adapters have sense pins, he's using one that is from before the spec was used. The sense pins aren't black magic, he literally shows what the pins mean. An adapter can ground the ones for 600w, the end. Your dumb ass should know if 600w is too much for your psu and plan accordingly, new plug or not. He talks about how you could plug everything into a single rail and overload your psu. Cool, what's stopping you from doing that right now?

Adapters suck, but falling for fear-mongering-for-clicks is stupid lol. Would Corsair be selling this if it was going to set all their psu's on fire?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284

I will wait for the RDNA3 reviews. If it is very close to 4090 and I am at least 70% above my TUF 3080 I will consider it. Not doing an entire new PC to use a 4090. I suspect that DLS3 will be disappointing.

I've been leaning more toward AIO models so I'd like to see what they all have, sadly will have to wait longer for those to come out. But considering I'm not buying on release that's not a problem.
I think this is the best way to go IMO. This is gonna be needed to get GPUs down to reasonable sizes

I will wait for the RDNA3 reviews. If it is very close to 4090 and I am at least 70% above my TUF 3080 I will consider it. Not doing an entire new PC to use a 4090. I suspect that DLS3 will be disappointing.

100% agree. I'll try to stay away from nVidia and not give them money just on principle.

If AMD has nice performance with their 7800XT compared to my 3080 I'll go that route. Otherwise will just wait it out

They wont even fit in my Thor V2 full case:dead:
I hope 280mm plus 55mm for the radiator plus fan will work. Else I could try FE model which is 304mm, would be a tight fit. Otherwise it is a new case which I DONT want to replace. I LOVE my case. I like the AIO option as it would be quieter, cooler, and it won’t block the M2 slot which I have. 2TB drive in it. I will have to do some measuring. I will only go AIO if it is a maximum $300 more than msrp.

I hope 280mm plus 55mm for the radiator plus fan will work. Else I could try FE model which is 304mm, would be a tight fit. Otherwise it is a new case which I DONT want to replace. I LOVE my case. I like the AIO option as it would be quieter, cooler, and it won’t block the M2 slot which I have. 2TB drive in it. I will have to do some measuring. I will only go AIO if it is a maximum $300 more than msrp.
I'm using mine as a convenient excuse to upgrade my case. I've had the Thor since 2012. I just barely pulled the i5-2500k out of it for an i9-11900k🤣 The sizing is ridiculous. I'm planning on the TUF, but keeping my eyes open on the AIO models as well as they have my interest piqued.

I just saw that you might want to get an ATX 3.0 PSU if you are running the 4090 or any high power 40 series to prevent your PC from catching fire.

Back