Which Radiator Setup: 2 x 360 mm and 1 x 240 mm radiator OR 1 x 360 mm and 1 x 480mm radiator?

kamikazi

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm going to rebuild my system soon. I'm going to use all of the same computer hardware in my signature with the exception of making radiator changes. I am currently running a Corsair R7 360, a Corsair R7 240, and an XSPC TX240 radiator. I'll be using the Primochill Wetbench SX, so I can pretty much do any radiator setup I want with the exception that one of 3 mounting locations is limited to a 240mm radiator. I'm definitely going to re-use the Corsair R7 360 and I will not re-use the XSPC T240 as that one is a very thin niche radiator I used only because it was the only thing that fit. I will be buying 1 new radiator, either a Black Ice Nemesis GTX 360 or GTX 480 (I've also toyed with the idea of getting the Black Ice SR2). Anyway, I can go with a 3 radiator setup and re-use the two Corsair R7 radiators and add the GTX 360 or I could just re-use the Corsair R7 360 and go with a GTX 480 to de-complicate the tubing runs, etc. With the 3 radiator set up, I'd have 960 mm of surface area. With the 2 radiator setup, I'd have 840 mm of surface area. My current setup is 840 mm of surface area, but one of those radiators is paper thin, so the two radiator setup should be a slight improvement over what I have now.

Thoughts? Ideas? 2 radiators vs. 3? Go [H]ard and run a 480, a 360, and a 240?

You're already overkill as it is, so it's really up to you what you want to achieve. I would say at this point, choose whatever setup you feel like putting in the work for doing. If effort isn't a big deal, then choose whatever setup looks more aesthetically pleasing to you.

I'm going to rebuild my system soon. I'm going to use all of the same computer hardware in my signature with the exception of making radiator changes. I am currently running a Corsair R7 360, a Corsair R7 240, and an XSPC TX240 radiator. I'll be using the Primochill Wetbench SX, so I can pretty much do any radiator setup I want with the exception that one of 3 mounting locations is limited to a 240mm radiator. I'm definitely going to re-use the Corsair R7 360 and I will not re-use the XSPC T240 as that one is a very thin niche radiator I used only because it was the only thing that fit. I will be buying 1 new radiator, either a Black Ice Nemesis GTX 360 or GTX 480 (I've also toyed with the idea of getting the Black Ice SR2). Anyway, I can go with a 3 radiator setup and re-use the two Corsair R7 radiators and add the GTX 360 or I could just re-use the Corsair R7 360 and go with a GTX 480 to de-complicate the tubing runs, etc. With the 3 radiator set up, I'd have 960 mm of surface area. With the 2 radiator setup, I'd have 840 mm of surface area. My current setup is 840 mm of surface area, but one of those radiators is paper thin, so the two radiator setup should be a slight improvement over what I have now.

Thoughts? Ideas? 2 radiators vs. 3? Go [H]ard and run a 480, a 360, and a 240?

Hmmm, I would go 2x360x240. With a 360 on each side and the 240 in the center front or back...
that
would
look
sweet!

A 480 would seriously mess the look all up.

Edit- if you want to save some loot and get the same performance as your r7, get a hardwarelabs L series 360 from ppcs. They are the exact same rads just no corsair airbrushed badge. They are just a hair below the gtx performance wise as well. They are the best price to performance rads you can get hands down.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I would go 2x360x240. With a 360 on each side and the 240 in the center front or back...
that
would
look
sweet!

Edit- if you want to save some loot and get the same performance as your r7, get a hardwarelabs L series 360 from ppcs. They are the exact same rads just no corsair airbrushed badge. They are just a hair below the gtx performance wise as well. They are the best price to performance rads you can get hands down.
I was wondering if someone could confirm the L series as being the Corsair R7. Thanks for that. I don't really care about looks at this point since I'm going open air. I'm looking for best performance for the dollar and the least amount of hassle. Two 360s and a 240 is the cheaper route, but it does require more plumbing. I agree that it would look the coolest as well.

that
would
look
sweet!

I went ahead and ordered the Nemesis L Series 360. So, it's 2x360 + 240 time. I have 6 Phanteks T30 fans, so those will be push fans on the 360s. For pull on those, it's Arctic P12s. The 240 will be Arctic P12s in push/pull.

Gotta admit, it was hard not to pick up one of these for $178.

Screenshot from 2022-08-18 11-10-18.png

It would have actually cost me less money overall because I wouldn't need any additional tubing or fittings. However, it makes a two piece system and you'd have to get quick disconnect fittings to make it feasible for me. If I ever build a wall mount computer though, I'll probably do it.

Last edited:
I did a kind of mockup on the Primochill Praxis Wetbench SX today. I'm not going to be able to do full push/pull on the 360mm radiators, just 3 on the top and 2 on the bottom. The 240mm radiator can be full push pull though. I don't think it will make a huge difference.

I was looking at how the set up is going to be when I finally do put this all together. I YOLO'd and bought a Watercool MO-RA3 Pro and some quick detach fittings. This will greatly simplify it all. Too bad I already had bought another 360 rad and bought the full deal Praxis Wetbench. I could have gotten by with the base model. Oh well. Should be awesome when it's done.

Back