Which Phone Company uses Cisco's Computer Networking Equipment?

Which Phone Company still uses Cisco's Computer Networking Equipment if the company that supposed to use Cisco's Computer Networking Equipment is supposed to be Motorola, but AT&T is America's Largest Original Phone with Landline phone cables running all over the United States, maybe Canada, maybe Mexico, and maybe all over the world except there were two other Landline phone companies before 1999 or the year 2000 called MCI and Sprint. Verizon bought out MCI and they were or still trying to support it all themselves now especially cellular with the best cellular coverage or better than AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, US Cellular, Cricket, and any other phone company out there still out there. I need both a landline and a cell phone anyway as I almost died when my 2016 Ford C-Max Energi Plug-in Electric + Gas Powered Hybrid got reprocessed in the Fall of 2018 anyway and all I had was a cell to call someone to get help with a ride to the grocery store until I could get my credit fixed enough to get approved to buy a new car with money from Social Security Disability Income instead Veterans Affairs Disability Compensation because the money I was allowed to manage myself from Veterans Affairs Disability Compensation budget was allows maxed out.

Apparently Cisco was a startup landline and Cellular phone back in 1984 out of Chicago that made it's way to Ohio in both Summit County in the City of Akron near what was Bochtal College now the University of Akron with old Cisco equipment in the old Polsky City Shopping Mall repurposed to the Summit College or University of Akron Applied Science and Technology building for mostly Computer Networking Administration aka Computer Information Systems students and computer programming students or website developer students or something else in Applied Science.

My friends told me that Cisco was the best years ago about a few months after I got out of the United States Air Force military branch and I never even heard of Cisco before that. Can anyone honestly tell me if Sprint or Verizon or any other modern Landline or Cell Phone company uses Cisco instead Cisco or Motorola and why I've never seen a Cisco Cell phone or Voice over Internet Protocol until I took Cisco Certified Networking Associate Voice as a class at Stark State College of Technology a computer networking administration student and who actually still uses this equipment for their businesses and where to get a job as a computer network administrator besides at a data center in a major city instead of at Cisco or some phone company or Microsoft or using Linux somewhere.

Who uses Juniper too or 3com, or D-Link, or Arista or any other enterprise computer networking equipments products and who can actually afford to buy this stuff for $10,000 to $20,000 or more this just this equipment with such lousy storage capabilities around older Cisco equipments 16 Megabyte to 32 Megabyte of storage for just configurations and the operating system instead of still lousy storage capacities of 2 Gigabyte compared to newer computer server hardware capabilities especially if that's all they actually need anyway?

What equipment does Verizon use, Sprint, and especially T-Mobile if not US Cellular or anything else if they don't use Cisco's?

HPE, Dell, and Fortinet
We're looking at passing on the Cisco ASA NGFW due to the costs, several of the fortigate options are 10-20k each, the comparable ASA are 40-50k you get all features without having to buy addons/licenses from Cisco.

HPE, Dell, and Fortinet
We're looking at passing on the Cisco ASA NGFW due to the costs, several of the fortigate options are 10-20k each, the comparable ASA are 40-50k you get all features without having to buy addons/licenses from Cisco.

Then why does my friend who also works at Secure Data 365 with my Cousin complain about the cost of Cisco instead of Arista or especially Juniper at least especially the cost of a Juniper Campus Switch or layer 4, 5, 6, or 7 Campus switch compared to the cost of a Cisco Campus Switch?

Okay Adtran is terrible compared to Cisco or anything close to being as good or better than Cisco.

Shoot, the guy on the internet said so, I guess I should go tell our ownership.

What is this thread for? You asked what people use, you crap all over the answer with zero reasoning for what?

Shoot, the guy on the internet said so, I guess I should go tell our ownership.

What is this thread for? You asked what people use, you crap all over the answer with zero reasoning for what?
No I don't. Apparently you don't see the problem with Adtran's products though. Think about it if you've seen how good Cisco's Products are and at least Junipers compared to Adtran or even what my friend and cousin use at Secure Data if you don't get the point of why it's necessary to have an Aggregation Router when Adtran doesn't even appear to provide that or even a Campus Switch being a layer 4, 5, 6, or 7 OSI Model Layer Device meaning it camp provide long distance fiber optic connections, but not as far of a distance of fiber optic connection as a aggregation router if you even know what I'm talking about and apparently even Adtran doesn't even provide a layer 3 switch to use for the distribution layer meaing it can be used as a router too, but not provide as long of a distance of fiber optic connection as a Campus Switch or Aggregation Router at least like Cisco let alone as good of a Layer 2 switch for the access layer too meaning that it can only be used as an enterprise switch instead of a HUB and not provide as long of a distance of fiber optic connection as a Campus Switch or Aggregation Router too.

All I see is that Adtran's way of providing the products actually need for a Computer Networking Provider Company for Phones and Computers or other Computer related devices looks pretty flawed especially compared to what Cisco and Juniper will allow at least it's customers to see compared to the three major phone companies like AT&T, Verizon formerly MCI, and Sprint. Is that a good enough reason to do what you call crapping all over your answer or anyone else's with what you call zero reasoning for now that you know a little bit more why it seemed that way when I wasn't, but Adtran does not even seem close to being as good as Cisco and apparently you didn't seem to understand why. Therefore, I take it you don't know as much as you should about Computer Networking as you should.

Last edited:
HPE, Dell, and Fortinet
What about Campus Switches and Aggregation Routers though? What do you use for that?

What about Campus Switches and Aggregation Routers though? What do you use for that?
We’re still running decade old cisco for that, but looking to replace with HPE likely, for the bang for buck reasoning and warranty coverage that costs 1/3 what Cisco does. They are a bit different than Cisco configuration wise, but not horribly different if you are well versed in foundation networking knowledge.

Some large ISP devices? Yes, i've worked for two very large ISP companies, most companies use a mix, Cisco still being dominate....because they just work, i've logged into equipment with an uptime of 10+ years, and still chugging along. However, Juniper is also up there, most large companies use a mix of Cisco, Juniper, for Voice many use Cisco, but Avaya is another company. But when you start to get into really big networks it is no longer just routers and switches(packet switching) you get into circuit switching equipment, Fuji's, Gigamons, etc. if you're concerned you're wasting your time learning cisco you're not, it is still very much in use. Some other equipment to look at, Aruba(especially their AP line), Alcatel(used, but I hate hate hate their CLI commands)

Back