Which is the GA107 GPU RTX 3050?

wandplus

Limp Gawd
I mean the one that was supposed to use a bit less electricity.

And does anyone know why there's such a huge gap in prices between the 1650 and 3050? I mean in Canada it doesn't look like they want to lower the price too much on the 3050. Availability better, prices only slightly better lately.

I mean the one that was supposed to use a bit less electricity.

And does anyone know why there's such a huge gap in prices between the 1650 and 3050? I mean in Canada it doesn't look like they want to lower the price too much on the 3050. Availability better, prices only slightly better lately.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/nvidia-ga107.g988
3050, 3050ti mobile and 2050 mobile
its 'cause we're in canuckistan...

GA107 are exclusively mobile Ampere parts. Did you mean the desktop equivalents?

The desktop equivalents are GA106, of which are currently the RTX 3050 8GB and the RTX 3060 12GB.

Mobile parts aside, I agree the new so called "budget" 3000 series desktop gpus are still overpriced. They launched overpriced and those prices haven't really moved downward despite many factors lately.

GA106 are presumably easy to make and mass produce. How much profit is made per 3050 sold is pure speculation. Clearly the price of making electronics has gone up, so that's something to consider.

The 3050 in particular sips power, so there is some merit to its existence. But it performs worse than a RTX 2060 yet costs more than what one of those went for back in early 2020 prior to everything spinning out of control. More of a history lesson at this point.

The 1660 Ti is more comparable to the 3050 in terms of performance, but keep in mind that card was launched in 2018 and 2 generations behind in features (i.e. no RTX, DLSS). The fact they are still making the 1650 and a 2060 12GB is only proof that it's probably cheaper to make those compared to a 3050. Once the 3050 becomes more profitable expect to see those older gpus discontinued altogether.

Basically the RTX 3050 is the RTX 2050 we never wanted. But due to demand, we got it anyway. It seems gone are the days of decent sub $200 USD gpus.

the "GA107-140-A1 variant" is a desktop version, according to tpu and i assumed desktop...
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3050-4-gb.c3744
and theres a -150-
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3050-8-gb-ga107.c3880
Thought those were unicorns. I stand corrected then. However, where does one even obtain a 3050 4GB?

Something tells me they are all shipped directly to miners. How desperate can one be to seek out a brand new 4GB gpu in 2022?

Thought those were unicorns. I stand corrected then. However, where does one even obtain a 3050 4GB?

Something tells me they are all shipped directly to miners. How desperate can one be to seek out a brand new 4GB gpu in 2022?
maybe a little but they exist. idk, dell has pre-builts with them.
no, too small, afaik.

I forgot to say desktop. Well, Intel entering the arena might put downward pressure on prices but I just hope I don't find myself in a situation where I feel compelled to buy AMD. I prefer Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs for general stability/compatibility.
EDIT: I looked at the database and it's a real challenge to tell which is which.

Last edited:
Back